Steady does it!

4 hours ago, moodoo said:

Great stuff Andy! Your steering rack idea all worked out for clearance then?

Hey Fin

Yep, lots of space. just got to design the brackets to hold the new steering setup and test it out 🙂 Im sure there will be some teething problems but its looking like it should solve all the issues. I will post some pics as i connect it up. Got the hydraulic clutch all in and just need to connect that up and then its connect the engine up and hope she fires up ok!!

6 hours ago, H-400 said:

Great to see the progress! 

Herman, i would have made more progress but the weather has been very wet every time i get some time off work! Had better weather here over the winter 🙂
Hopefully more pics next week of it fully in and connected up!!

Hi Andy, hope I can get the car ready for the visit to the UK, if not I'll have to take the Insignia. Lost a lot of time cause of the body workshop, I am also giving my son driving-lessons but last week he passed the tests and is a proud owner of a drivers license. But that was a father-son thing, am also proud of my new Manta-driver.

Need to install the heater/ventilation box, brake system, engine & gearbox, bottom dashboard, wings and bumpers, lights and so on... The MOT and insurance also. Have a lot of work at the barracks, the troops just arrived back from Estland where they used some tanks. Taking free is at this moment difficult. 

On 18/06/2019 at 22:02, H-400 said:

Hi Andy, hope I can get the car ready for the visit to the UK, if not I'll have to take the Insignia. Lost a lot of time cause of the body workshop, I am also giving my son driving-lessons but last week he passed the tests and is a proud owner of a drivers license. But that was a father-son thing, am also proud of my new Manta-driver.

Need to install the heater/ventilation box, brake system, engine & gearbox, bottom dashboard, wings and bumpers, lights and so on... The MOT and insurance also. Have a lot of work at the barracks, the troops just arrived back from Estland where they used some tanks. Taking free is at this moment difficult. 

Great news on your son passing his test 🙂 My daughter is 15 so it wont be long before she wants to drive but i think she might chose the Smart car over the Manta 🙂

You have a lot to do! When is the UK visit?  Luckily my visit to Europe is not until im ready and rolling along on the road properly!! Which is luck as at the moment the UK weather has halted progress as any time i have some spare time its raining 😞

We will take the ferry on the 11th of juli in Holland, from there to Newcastle. So I don't want to throw the car together, want everything to be nice and tidy.

The way you fitted the engine/subframe in your Manta is I think the best. The stabilisation-bar is a piece of the suspension and is always in the way when you drop the engine/gearbox in the car. The "B" has got the stabilisation-bar at the front so that's easyer. Saw once a topic of a "A" owner that changed his front suspension to "B" specs. 

12 hours ago, H-400 said:

We will take the ferry on the 11th of juli in Holland, from there to Newcastle. So I don't want to throw the car together, want everything to be nice and tidy.

The way you fitted the engine/subframe in your Manta is I think the best. The stabilisation-bar is a piece of the suspension and is always in the way when you drop the engine/gearbox in the car. The "B" has got the stabilisation-bar at the front so that's easyer. Saw once a topic of a "A" owner that changed his front suspension to "B" specs. 

That's not that long Herman!! But it looks like you are making good progress. You are right about that sway bar, its is a pain. See a V8 A Series with that conversion.

The weather was good to me so i managed to get a few bits sorted out tonight so hopefully at the weekend i can drop the body and start attaching things up. More pics as i go along!