A Series heater hose routing help

Hi Guys

Anyone got a pic of the A series engine bay that shows the routing of the heater pipes coming from the heater matrix?

Its been so long since i first put mine together i now cant remember where the one from the top of the water pump routes to? is it the one into the matrix that has the heater tap?

I would presume that it comes from the water pump into the heater matrix through the heater valve, through the matrix, and out and back into the thermostat housing? or is it the other way round?

Want to make sure i get it right as im using the gates hose clamps and they have to be cut off if you need to remove them so dont want to be doing that!!

Thanks

Andy

Hello Andy,

Good to hear of a Manta A going together as original.  Hopefully the attached picture is readable.  In case it isn't, the heater valve is on the lower heater connection - the inlet from the thermostat housing.  The top heater connection goes to the water pump.

Did you manage to get an original set of heater hoses - if so, where?  Mine are a lashed up set: I bought some random hoses to get the 900 bits then joined them using 15mm plumbing connectors (York solder) and jubilee hose clamps.  They're getting a bit old now!

Good luck completing your car!

Malcolm

HosesConnections.jpg

22 hours ago, malbasys said:

Hello Andy,

Good to hear of a Manta A going together as original.  Hopefully the attached picture is readable.  In case it isn't, the heater valve is on the lower heater connection - the inlet from the thermostat housing.  The top heater connection goes to the water pump.

Did you manage to get an original set of heater hoses - if so, where?  Mine are a lashed up set: I bought some random hoses to get the 900 bits then joined them using 15mm plumbing connectors (York solder) and jubilee hose clamps.  They're getting a bit old now!

Good luck completing your car!

Malcolm

HosesConnections.jpg

Malcolm

You are a star, just what i needed. Looking at your pic and description i then new exactly where mine went 🙂

Mine is not exactly original! Its going to look quite original from the outside (apart from wheels and lights) but underneath its a little bit tweaked 🙂

www.theopelproject.com

I bought a set of silicon hoses from JS performance and although they didnt do the A series heating hoses i got a set of Lotus Cortina ones which were very close you can see a pic here:

http://www.theopelproject.com/?p=583

This was a while ago so they might do something now, worth dropping them a line or giving them a call, they were very helpful with mine.

Now i have worked out the hoses i just need to connect a few other bits up on mine and i wont be far of getting here started up!

Thanks for the help.

Andy