L&R Rear Quarter Panels (Club Remanufacture?)

Hands up who needs quarters, not me.......yet! Hopefully never!  Seriously would be interesting who needs them, maybe im wrong, but any manta needing a quarter or two is scrapped, are there enough mantas out there needing them? Or maybe some are interested in building an all new panel car, just for the crack, but it would never be completely new panels.

As long as someone doesnt recast ronal rims, ive loads worth scrap value! 

Expensive but try and find another pair, I know drivers side is super rare.

Also I was unlucky enough to get hit on rear quarter, would be nice to know panels could be replaced at a lower price than that eBay item! 

23 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Hands up who needs quarters, not me.......yet! Hopefully never!  Seriously would be interesting who needs them, maybe im wrong, but any manta needing a quarter or two is scrapped, are there enough mantas out there needing them? Or maybe some are interested in building an all new panel car, just for the crack, but it would never be completely new panels.

As long as someone doesnt recast ronal rims, ive loads worth scrap value! 

I needed both! Due to butchery done when adding a Mantzel kit by someone back in the day...... Black GTE Coupe with a solid chassis and low mileage is far too good to scrap.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

Might save some insurance write offs, appreciate demand won't be huge but if I had the cash I'd buy a pair as insurance.

Hopefully the panel place won’t want confirmed orders for the panels before they make them as I guess they will cost a lot to make 

be handy to get some if a accident happened 

dont think I would have the money to buy a pair for just in case as am sure many other people aren’t either 

• Like 1

Guess it depends on the panel manufacturer but perhaps once they press one of each then they have the mould/pattern and could make them to order as required, be more expensive but at least if you got hit by someone your Manta wouldn't be a write off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike. said:

Would be fine to have a list from the club of which panels they have been able to source for re manufacture at some point and which ones they are still looking for, just for clarity.

This has been mentioned numerous times for a number of years 

Given the choice I would have a whole panel to replace a rotten arch rather than a repair section, to try and make it look more factory original,as a lot of the time the profile of the arch is compromised with repair sections, albeit at greater expense😲having said that I would do the honourable thing and cut out the offending arch out of the equation and put a wide arch kit on instead.😋