Hello!

Hello everyone. My name is Paul. I own 1983 manta berlinetta hatchback which has been in storage for the last 18years. Well I've finally decided it's time to get the silver dream machine back on the road. Looking forward to going to meets and shows. I've been looking through the forum and one thing I've noticed it's there is a lot of people who know lots about mantas which will come in handy when I restore her. Hopefully I can be helpful to any fellow members too.  

38 minutes ago, Trooker said:

Hi Paul, there are several very knowledgable guys on here; there's quite a bit more info if you join the club too. Will you be doing most of the work yourself?

By joining the club do you mean the full membership? I plan to do this in the next few days. 

Hopefully. I've had the car since 2001 and the plan was to do it with my son if I ever had one and luckily I did but unluckily he doesn't like cars 🙈. So it's been sat in a rented garage until recently when the garages got Refurbished so I had the car at my house. Not ideal as there's a lack of room here. 

I've not done anything to the car since I've had it bar semi stripping the engine. 

I went to a local car show a couple of weeks ago with my daughter and there was not one manta so I thought now is the time to get the old girl back on the road. 

I put a battery on the other day and surprisingly the engine turned over. The camshaft has gone though which is the reason it came off the road in 2001 so I'll be taking the engine out this week to strip and rebuild. Surprisingly the bodywork is not bad for a 36 year old car. Underneath seems solid. I plan to take it to the garage for a pre MOT test/inspection and go from there. I shall post some updates as I go along. 

Welcome Paul,

I'm a web member on here and currently have a restoration project  which has been ongoing for roughly 3.5 years, without the help, knowledge and information from this club and members plus being able to trade and source parts, my project would have been a lot more difficult to do. 

• Like 1

Welcome along Paul, nice car 1.8 hatch, not many left now, yeh best place to be with a manta, here. 

Plenty of advise, help and info, and is also nice to see another new car. Yeh, full membership, you can upload photos and start up you own project thread.

• Like 1