Loobie’s coupe

Paul Barrett

Car looks great, nice mods are the compomotive mo wheels?

Great runabout, nice mods, im looking in to suspension mods, a rear mx5 coil spring adjuster will fit if your fitting lowering springs. A classic mini shock will fit, im out the ready to try stage, so will be trying these soon, but im sure you are not goung ultra low like me, even thinking about oval exhaust.

Edited by ®evo03

Azev A.

it has some sort of lowering kit on it already. But lots of bind on the front, not too bothered about that it’s no race car. 

Im not going crazy with it, just need to get wheels and stance right and then the paint sorted, that’s it. Got the A series for the crazy stuff lol

Wonder did they fit the springs wrong, front at rear and vise versa, seems to be a common mistake, think the naturally taller spring should be fitted up front. If it is binding up front something is wrong, a 60mm spring drop will rest the front on original bump stops, they need cut approx 50mm. Anothrr thing to watch is the metal shape behind lower shock mount up front, this can need rethinking!  Did it bind on original rims? 

On 24/07/2019 at 10:59, Paul Barrett said:

chose not have the lip in silver though. Which is what I was going to have much like the Ronals

Lovely job on the wheels, they look great, however after seeing the photos of them fitted on the car, I think they would have looked much better with the lip in silver. It would add a bit of definition as they get lost against the dark paintwork. 

hi folks,

just to jump in, i recently got a leather steering wheel cover (ebay too - cheap as chips) to refresh my irmscher wheel, pretty much looked like the one paul pictured.

youtube videos made it look relatively simple but a girl at work stitched it for me, just got it back today and i'm super pleased with it.

the youtubers did nice jobs but i notice the stitching was kinda thin, she seems to have stitched mine pretty thick (she's well into needlework) and I like it much better than the thinner cross stitching. nice feel to it too. see what you guys think.

currently trying to work out how to get it back on with the spring in place, man that spring is super tough, i can't see how you can overcome it and line up the wheel and get the nut started, any advice welcome. i've got a standard gte wheel in place just now without the spring, steering wheel kinda clunks / moves slightly in and out, would like to refit the irmsher one properly.

love the car btw 🙂

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4

Not a bad effort, for the money can’t go wrong. I’m giving mine another bash this weekend.

meanwhile, picked up a rear Louvre, run one on the A series, clearly have a thing for a bit of tat lol

I like it 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Paul Barrett said:

meanwhile, picked up a rear Louvre, run one on the A series, clearly have a thing for a bit of tat lol. 

I like it 

Each to their own as they say! Very 80's though. It makes the rear look rather busy what with that and the Irmscher rear spoiler. It does look better on your A series. 

• 10 months later...