hoobby

Make and mend manta

On 28/07/2019 at 20:52, hoobby said:

It's ok Wayne I can use my old tray as a template.just one thing is that long edge supposed to bend the other way? 

As far that l can remember it’s bent the correct way, but l may be incorrect 

Ok back to the radiator tray so what happens when you bend 3mm thick grey board tried it dry,wet and steam.inside of bend not too bad but not very good.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

of bend....well errr...:o...disaster!!! To be honest already had a good idea it would end this way

oh well back too the drawing board.

That looks like a kind of fibre board Graeme, which by the nature of its construction/manufacture will always be very difficult to bend or cut with any precision.

Have you thought about another type of material? What about a thin sheet Plastic (that you could try to heat form) or Steel for example?

I have a sheet Steel bender you are welcome to borrow, or you can pop round and we can bend it here. The max bed length on the bender is 765 mm (around 30"). Unfortunately, I dont have that much Steel left though to make it out of - sorry!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ian that's a great offer and will take you up on it one day over winter but what I really could do with is your magic holy hands to place upon my manta,chant those magic words demon's be gone or bloody work you ****** and remove the curse  (brakeim nonus stoperati)  😈.

Edited by hoobby
  • Like 1