My berlinetta project

Pcrosss35

Well seen as it was a nice day I thought I'd spend some time looking at the manta. I'm actually surprised how good the car is. The chassis looks solid as it's been waxoiled. There is some scabs and rust on the doors and sills but nothing major. The worst is the nose cone. Really looking forward to getting it back on the road. 

I've started stripping the engine down to remove it and rebuild it hence why there is no front bumper. 

Here's some pictures

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

Thank you! I've had it since 2001 but the tax ran out in July 2000 so I'd say 19 years. It's been stored in a garage for 18 years then had to move it because the garages were being renovated. Ideally I need to get it back in there before winter sets in. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

If you are going to repaint this use k2 paint,l have never used before today 

Its so easy to use and covered very well 

Thanks for the information. Hopefully a friend is popping up this week to take a look at the paint work. Do you have any idea of the cost of a respray? 

I got 2 litres of paint,1 litre of harder ,and that com to £96.00 

You will a small amount of thinners 

l already wasted £65.00 by getting the incorrect colour, but it done as a base coat

lf you get stuck can give the phone number of the paint shop

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

I got 2 litres of paint,1 litre of harder ,and that com to £96.00 

You will a small amount of thinners 

l already wasted £65.00 by getting the incorrect colour, but it done as a base coat

lf you get stuck can give the phone number of the paint shop

That sounds like a good price to be fair. If you could give me the details of the paint shop as I see your only in Liverpool so not far away. 

11 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Hi Paul 

The address is 

CARPAINT

209 GREEN LANE

LIVERPOOL

Phone number is 0151 259 8484 

They are getting the shop refurbished and have a bit of trouble with the phone 

Very helpful telling me how to use the paint 

Thanks for the info Wayne. I just need to find my paint code now. 👍

25 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

Don’t use this as is crap ,l think this is why l am getting the reaction 

Oh no! Well hopefully I'll be leaving it to my friend to sort out as I'd probably make a mess of it. I still need to get the colour code. I'm taking the engine out tomorrow so I'll have a look then.