1984 gold coupe

Maybe no roof, doors sides.........what barn..........maybe just a bad as the car! 

All considered, car may be ok, seen alot worse, some are worse than other, honestly dont know what its down to, bad steel, bad protection, maybe wet mud caked and left to destruct. 

• Like 1

hi guys just bought it probably paid to much.

but this is my dream manta its the colour i really want. love the colour,

always wanted an early coupe gte in this colour and with this interior my favorite interior colour combo

and its a manual. just did not like my old auto

its going to be a lot of work i no.

the mechanical side will be my hardest bit as not that hot on fuel injrction.

i will add some photos as soon as i get it home

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

always wanted an early coupe gte in this colour and with this interior my favorite interior colour combo

I did think it was a reasonable amount to be honest, and since you really wanted it, in all honesty you got it cheap 👍

5 minutes ago, bris jas said:

Well done on your purchase, i did have a bid on it but you won well done!

Did you go and see the car?

hi no its a long way from me so taken a gamble.

did you view it

6 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

I did think it was a reasonable amount to be honest, and since you really wanted it, in all honesty you got it cheap 👍

thanks

6 minutes ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

hi no its a long way from me so taken a gamble.

did you view it 

thanks

I didn't as long way from me as well, i don't think you paid to much for it either as non sunroof shell and earlier metal you may be ok, and like you said you've always wanted one in this colour scheme.

Looking at the pictures you may be lucky and find most of the issues on the top but of course there will be the usual underneath but hopefully no to bad, both rear arches look good!

Looking forward to seeing the pic's when you get it home.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Congratulations on your purchase. 

The car looks complete and lots of repair panels are now available.

Not that long ago it would have probably been stripped for useful parts at least now it's another manta that's getting saved.

looking forward to another build thread.

Nice one! I always rather liked the gold GTE's back in the day. Hatches were more common than the Coupes. 

Looking at the photos of it on Ebay, it looks pretty poor initially, but I suspect as others have said it may well be better than it looks, top side at least. A steam clean might well work wonders! Won't sort the peeling lacquer but it will need a respray anyway. 

Will look forward to seeing it once you get it home.

Great to see you have another manta mate,and looking forward to its rebirth..give me a shout, as may be able to help with parts if required.

Sorry not able to help with your  last car though,although I'm sure somebody in the club will.

6 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Great to see you have another manta mate,and looking forward to its rebirth..give me a shout, as may be able to help with parts if required.

Sorry not able to help with your  last car though,although I'm sure somebody in the club will.

thanks i want to try and get the engine running if possible so its easyer to move around

12 hours ago, evo3000 said:

thanks gutted i had to sell my last manta, our house move was very costly its taken us 3 years just to be able to go on holiday again.

but we have spoilt our selves this year as the house is finished .been to corfu twice.

and now just got myself another manta. always wanted a gold gte coupe. the last time i was at billing with my manta, looking at all the gte coupes i new i had to get one then.

but its taken me until now 

what cars have you got now have you still got your black gte coupe

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:28, droop snoot hp firenza said:

thanks gutted i had to sell my last manta, our house move was very costly its taken us 3 years just to be able to go on holiday again.

but we have spoilt our selves this year as the house is finished .been to corfu twice.

and now just got myself another manta. always wanted a gold gte coupe. the last time i was at billing with my manta, looking at all the gte coupes i new i had to get one then.

but its taken me until now 

what cars have you got now have you still got your black gte coupe

sorry for the late reply mate been on our hols for the week.😎

Yes still have same manta,but no real progress made with it due to being unable to commit financially.😭

• 2 years later...
On 02/08/2019 at 07:04, droop snoot hp firenza said:

does anyone what happened to my old auto. is it still owned by someone in the club.

i still have a spare auto box for a manta if anyone wants it.

Screenshot_2019-08-02-07-01-59-896.jpeg

Hi, I just saw this - I actually have your old car, I’ve just put it on eBay as I need to free up the garage. I’ve just had it MOT’d! 

• Like 1

On 01/08/2019 at 13:49, droop snoot hp firenza said:

I got a manta from lreland, did not see it before l got it , If l was in front of the manta l might not have it now 

l though l paid to much,but having a good look and the price was about right,

Needs wiring sorting, and a bit of welding on the inner wings 

Have a project thread on here