Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mickfrad

1984 gold coupe

Recommended Posts

None sunroof by the look of it, and earlier car so the metal is better. But it does look very tired :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe no roof, doors sides.........what barn..........maybe just a bad as the car! 

All considered, car may be ok, seen alot worse, some are worse than other, honestly dont know what its down to, bad steel, bad protection, maybe wet mud caked and left to destruct. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi guys just bought it probably paid to much.

but this is my dream manta its the colour i really want. love the colour,

always wanted an early coupe gte in this colour and with this interior my favorite interior colour combo

and its a manual. just did not like my old auto

its going to be a lot of work i no.

the mechanical side will be my hardest bit as not that hot on fuel injrction.

i will add some photos as soon as i get it home

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done on your purchase, i did have a bid on it but you won well done!

Did you go and see the car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

hi guys just bought it probably paid to much.

but this is my dream manta its the colour i really want. love the colour,

always wanted an early coupe gte in this colour and with this interior my favorite interior colour combo

and its a manual. just did not like my old auto

its going to be a lot of work i no.

the mechanical side will be my hardest bit as not that hot on fuel injrction.

i will add some photos as soon as i get it home

 

I did think it was a reasonable amount to be honest, and since you really wanted it, in all honesty you got it cheap 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bris jas said:

Well done on your purchase, i did have a bid on it but you won well done!

Did you go and see the car?

hi no its a long way from me so taken a gamble.

did you view it

6 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

I did think it was a reasonable amount to be honest, and since you really wanted it, in all honesty you got it cheap 👍

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

hi no its a long way from me so taken a gamble.

did you view it 

thanks

I didn't as long way from me as well, i don't think you paid to much for it either as non sunroof shell and earlier metal you may be ok, and like you said you've always wanted one in this colour scheme.

Looking at the pictures you may be lucky and find most of the issues on the top but of course there will be the usual underneath but hopefully no to bad, both rear arches look good!

Looking forward to seeing the pic's when you get it home.

Good luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a link in another Ebay thread with a fella selling a good load of panels, think he has a couple of nose panels in the picture, can't wait to see more pictures and how you get on with this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your purchase. 

The car looks complete and lots of repair panels are now available.

Not that long ago it would have probably been stripped for useful parts at least now it's another manta that's getting saved.

looking forward to another build thread.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one! I always rather liked the gold GTE's back in the day. Hatches were more common than the Coupes. 

Looking at the photos of it on Ebay, it looks pretty poor initially, but I suspect as others have said it may well be better than it looks, top side at least. A steam clean might well work wonders! Won't sort the peeling lacquer but it will need a respray anyway. 

Will look forward to seeing it once you get it home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price not bad imo. It’s a coupe... they make loads when mot’d and loads and loads restored! Well done 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to see you have another manta mate,and looking forward to its rebirth..give me a shout, as may be able to help with parts if required.

Sorry not able to help with your  last car though,although I'm sure somebody in the club will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YDA 174T  mot ran out on 30th May 2017 

so if it is still around it's possibly in a garage somewhere or gone abroad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Great to see you have another manta mate,and looking forward to its rebirth..give me a shout, as may be able to help with parts if required.

Sorry not able to help with your  last car though,although I'm sure somebody in the club will.

thanks i want to try and get the engine running if possible so its easyer to move around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Great to see you have another manta mate,and looking forward to its rebirth..give me a shout, as may be able to help with parts if required.

Sorry not able to help with your  last car though,although I'm sure somebody in the club will.

thanks gutted i had to sell my last manta, our house move was very costly its taken us 3 years just to be able to go on holiday again.

but we have spoilt our selves this year as the house is finished .been to corfu twice.

and now just got myself another manta. always wanted a gold gte coupe. the last time i was at billing with my manta, looking at all the gte coupes i new i had to get one then.

but its taken me until now 

what cars have you got now have you still got your black gte coupe

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 21:28, droop snoot hp firenza said:

thanks gutted i had to sell my last manta, our house move was very costly its taken us 3 years just to be able to go on holiday again.

but we have spoilt our selves this year as the house is finished .been to corfu twice.

and now just got myself another manta. always wanted a gold gte coupe. the last time i was at billing with my manta, looking at all the gte coupes i new i had to get one then.

but its taken me until now 

what cars have you got now have you still got your black gte coupe

sorry for the late reply mate been on our hols for the week.😎

Yes still have same manta,but no real progress made with it due to being unable to commit financially.😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...