Can i see light at the end of the very long A Series tunnel ??

Think i might be able to say that i can see some sort of light at the end of the long Manta tunnel!

Engine fully rebuilt and back in the car with the box and prop all connected up 🙂

Just got to get some adaptions made to the manifold this week and brackets for the steering and then that can then be fitted along with the throttle bodies and all the other engine gubbins and then its connect up the hydraulic clutch and fill everything up and start the pre-start up checks, then fill engine with break in oil, check oil pressure and Huston we should be ready for a start up (the scary bit!!)

The only good thing with the rebuild taking this long is now im definitely TAX and MOT exempt!!

Andy

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4

On 28/07/2019 at 20:25, IanMc said:

Fabulous Andy, it’s getting really exciting now!

its getting quite exciting but at the same time im not looking forward to the initial start up and run in of the cam!! I think i will need to take a day off and start in the morning and go over everything a few times before the first turn of the key.

23 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

That’s one sweet tidy motor,so jealous 

Thanks mate. Im looking forward to getting the throttle bodies on and all the other bits connected up. Off to the pipe benders first thing tomorrow to leave the manifold with them for some pipe adaptions, they recon a week to fit it in and get it done, so gives me some time to get some other bits connected up. Might even see if i can get the brakes all filled up and bled! 

Then its manifolds on, steering connected up and tested and then time to fill all the fluids up in the engine and see if we are ready for a first start up!!!

8 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

It will run sweet, and you will be a happy bunny 

Lets hope so, its been a long time since it last ran, so would be nice to get it back out on the road before the winter 🙂