Black not so Beaut coupe

Jessopia74

Had to call down at the Garage after work today to pallet up my old engine as it’s sold, so thought I would take a couple of photos of the drivers floor so the rot can be clearly seen. (And all the patches that have kept not so beaut going).

obviously floor panels sorted, anyone know if any of the bulkhead parts are?

pictures attached

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

I don’t think that any bulkhead / lower wheel arch panels are available.

I cut mine out in sections and used the old ones as templates. The Drivers side was a worry as I had to try to keep the throttle bracket mount position (which was solid), while I cut the rest of the rot away around it.

There are some photos in my restoration thread.

I hope that helps a bit?

Not much done with the black coupe, as it’s going to be a wait for dipping.

managed to strip one axle, and started to clean up the 4ha to have spring hangers welded on. 

However, currently travelling back on ferry with the following that will be an interim side project with some bits from the black coupe. And the Redtop I have.

not sure if I will take it too far away from standard though, in all cases I will keep the std bits so it can be reverted back 👍

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, work is over so got a week off to get some stuff done😁

Went to pick a few bits up today as I had a meeting close by, it made sense.

1) Nose cone, for a Cav, but asI only want the light surrounds I will figure the best way to get it back to the 2slot. Might be best to just fit the whole thing as it is really good condition. £120 well spent 👍

2) O/S A-post and scuttle part I needed into the window edge. This is again is mint. Vent part obviously is wrong, but it does not need to extend that far for where my repair needs to be -  another £120. Might be steep, but it’s worth it to me as these bits are just not available often.👌

3) A golf 22mm ate master cylinder and booster. Needs a yoke fitted, but this will work nicely. 2 outputs, front/rear. £20 complete off eBay delivered from Latvia wtf!

pics are attached as usual.

29 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

More details needed for master cylinder, what golf, model, etc, is it the manta servo, or golf?

I wish I could tell you ! It was supposed to be MK2 as that was listed, but it’s a lot newer. I will be back down tomorrow and try and get the VW oem  numbers off the sticker.

Some progress (of sorts) for the project, it has been a while!

so work on the donor car for the Saab b235 (2.3 turbo) lump today. Drove the car in and a few hours later & a lot of parts removed, the engine is now out. All I can say is Saab might be build a good car in their day, but they are such a pig to work on !

ECU and loom is removed, although the SAAB software is fairly mod friendly, depending on how the ExtraEFI MS2 goes on the Redtop, it might replace the rather (over) complicated Trionic 7 management.

• Like 3

How times flies!

Time has come to send off to Enviro Strip tomorrow, so loaded onto the transport this evening, mate will take tomorrow.

My booking seemed like a decade away when I got the car 🤔

A few weeks and the truth about the amount of work will be truly known 🤪

It’s listed previously for cost, but they bake, then dip, then neutralise. I have opted for the primer too, so circa 1500.

Just like to add, that this for shell only. I will have other panels cool low pressure blasted as I read warnings about buckling of panels at the 400c oven temps. I actually watched an episode of Car SOS after I had booked, that does show their process.

https://www.envirostripgbltd.com/

hope that helps.

Edited by Jessopia74
Adding link