gold gte coupe resto

Pretty sure the oval tailpipe was only introduced on the 87MY GTE's  (same as that fitted to the D plate Exclusives) which I've read somewhere recently was a Jetex system. The tailpipe had a semi-matt black finish. So that would be D plate and perhaps some late C plate cars. Before that it was just the boring round exhaust straight out the rear. 

Looks very similar to the one here:

Edited by Monaco Blue

i drove the car around our block to turn it around to get it in the garage. the other way around

and the engine ran great, even pulled geat at under 1500 rpm. so it got me thinking why would it run great when under load. and not whilst standing

my conclusion was no vacume under load so got to be sucking in air. but i new the gasket was new. so never went back to it..

so i went straight to the manifold to check the bolts and they was all loose. what an idiot !. i must have got distracted when fitting the carbs as i was suposed to be looking after the kids.. i feal real stupid.now

at least its running great. well pleased

• Like 4

On 18/08/2019 at 19:36, droop snoot hp firenza said:

ok thanks for the info. might just fit the latter oval type. has anyone got a photo of an oval pipe so i can fabricate one.

because im not happy with the drain pipe thats fitted to mine

I have one fitted to sticky can get a photo tomorrow night if any help 

8 hours ago, droop snoot hp firenza said:

so i went straight to the manifold to check the bolts and they was all loose. what an idiot !. i must have got distracted when fitting the carbs as i was suposed to be looking after the kids.. i feal real stupid.now

It's call being human mate - and we are all guilty of that. It also takes a bigger man to admit to making a mistake as well. As my very first Boss told me: "the person that never make a mistake, never did sod all!" - well close to that with expletives added for effect  :lol:

Great news that she's running well  :thumbup

• Like 1

Could your fuel pipes in your injection setup be wrong way round, btw, the hayes manual was wrong, maybe someone mixed them up in the past.

The return pipe should be fitted to the fpr, the flow or pump is direct to t piece! 

Are you go7ng full standard in look or pimping it? 

standard look apart from my quad lights and oval tail pipe..

i think i will stick with the webber carb as im not that hot on injection and that sort of stuff.

i no where i am with the webber and manual choke i no it probably de values the car but im not selling so suits me 

the gte coupe in gold is my dream car always wanted one. just love the look of the standard gte coupe they got it just right

Edited by droop snoot hp firenza
  • Like 2

got the rear quarter painted had to flat back to the primer to get rid of the flakey paint..

also fitted new door speakers . fitted cassette rack from ebay just slid in great.

new mats ebay £27 great fit

new leather gearshift gator of ebay really pleased with that . genuine leather and really thick great quality

new number plates ebay £13 the pair delivered bargain

also got all the lights working

im having a day of today. then i will crack on with the door and front wing hoping to get the side finished this bank holiday

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

Are you do the paint work you self 

hi yes use a small hvlp gun  as i have only got a small compressor. so i just spray a panel at a time.

i have to use a big gun for the filler primer. as my nosel is to small on my hvlp gun to push the thick primer through.

2 hours ago, IanMc said:

Hey, stop making this look so easy!  :lol:

Seriously though, she looks brilliant - great job.

thanksi its def not easy the rear quarter taken me 3 days, my finger joints are swolen with all the sanding.

but like to see it comming on. hoping the door and front wing are a little more easy

The paint job is looking very good is all about preparing the panels before painting if the paint goes wrong can flat and polish (as l got to do)

I am painting my manta in the garage,

Only using a small compressor with a cheep spray gun, using k2 paint for a home garage job isn’t to bad 

Have to to do some faltering and polish, turn out not to bad so far 

It does get a bit of hard work at times 

side finished. the door and wing sprayed great. flakey paint flatted of ok

working on the front end this week.

hopefully get the front finished this week

• Like 2