New to the opel manta club.

Hi all , im new to this site, thought ide join to help get some info and possible help with a new project that i recently purchased, for many many years ive had fords and still own a ford capri s but ive allways loved the A series opel manta and managed to get hold of a 1973 manta 1900 sr a couple of weeks ago, its a little worse for wear ie front floors and chassis legs are in a poor state but its only metal and she;s definatly worth saving, not only is it complete i put some fresh fuel down the carb put a new battery on it, freed up the water pump and after an hour or so of tinkering much to my amazment she fired up and sounds ok. starts stops and drives which isnt bad for a car being sat in a garage unloved for nearly 20yrs,

looking forward to getting on with the restoration will keep you posted,

thanks for now

Nick

• Like 8

Hey Nick

Welcome to the club

Nice to see another A series being restored. Its well worth joining the club to get help, advice and to be able to post wanted ads and look at the for sale stuff.

Im currently restoring my A series (a very long restore!) and have a blog with some links to suppliers that might help you out!

www.theopelproject.com

Get some pics up on the project section so we can see her :-)

Andy

Hello again everyone,  many thanks for the warm welcome, really looking forward to getting stuck in to this one, although i,m a bit reluctant to start dismantling her until i have everything i need otherwise i fear it'll end up being a basket case and not finished, have managed to get hold of a couple of door bottoms ,wing rails these were given to me but i don,t actually need them as these are good on the car. i'm currently trying to hunt down a good bonnet, wings and front floor pans as soon as i get hold of them then i;ll be good to go.

will keep you posted and again thanks for the welcome to the manta site

Welcome to the club Nick. 

I'm a new member myself and I'm already blown away by the helpfulness and knowledge of the members of the club. This is definitely the place to be. Good luck with your restoration. Looking forward not seeing the updates. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, manta a series said:

Thanks again.

just as soon as i find the repair panels i need i,ll make a start on it, i have to say im very impressed with the build quality of these cars, nicely put together,

cheers for now

Not the cheapest of places, but they seem to list a lot of panels. Only used them for Manta B parts myself.

https://mm-opelparts.com/exterior/body-panels/?make=opel&model=manta-a-1970-1975