400Club Nürburgring 2019

Hi All, as usually we had our meeting on the "Ring". The first day (friday) was pretty wet but from saturday on it was better.

Enjoy the pics:

9ru7t5.jpg

nwggv4.jpg

5kly4n.jpg

2rmt8iu.jpg

This one is looking for a new owner:

euel8g.jpg

ac67p2.jpg

2dc92xk.jpg

zwraq.jpg

f9eem8.jpg

fng3nc.jpg

nnmbsw.jpg

24ox37d.jpg

2uz9f9i.jpg

2zywmtk.jpg

evbadf.jpg

2573blv.jpg

30x8ihj.jpg

This is the first part, got some pics of the smart-phones to download. So more to come.

Grts, Herman

• Like 6

Hi Andy, love the old CSI. But want to try the other two also!

A few pics from other sources, as you all can see it was raining the first day:

2800cr8.jpg

But later we had the opportunity to take some nice pics:

2d92ts1.jpg

2a4y71w.jpg

1zn97jp.jpg

And to stay dry we still have the clubtent:

2hz4z15.jpg

Edited by H-400
  • Like 2

Hey Herman

Those DTM cars are very nice!

Love your pic with the sun set, looks very cool with all the 400's lined up.

Im on the last few bits on the A series now and have taken the decision to get it to a dealer and have them do the initial start up and basic setup on the fuel injection, so 2nd October i will either have a car that runs and be very happy or be buying an engine from Risse!! Lets hope its the first one as the one i want from Risse is 10K

Andy

https://risse-motorsport.de/

I was stationed for eight years in Germany, four of them in the neighbourhood of this firm. They are very well known in the Opel-scene, not only in Germany. This winter I'v got to open my "400" engine cause the stemseals are worn, gonna order them by Risse. They have a lot of nice stuff but not cheap. But if you need it... 

Hey Andy, are you sure those mecs at your dealer have more skills than you? Just make sure you fill up the oil filter and the oil pump and drive the pump with a long screwdriver and an electrical handdrill till you see the oil comming up in the head. Just crank it up!

• Thanks 1

Hey Herman

Im already primed with the oil system, but will drain and fill with break in oil and prime again before i go.

They are more engine tuners rather than a dealer https://www.northamptonmotorsport.com/ they use to supply and fit the EFI system im using and as the company had no map for an opel its just on a basic 2.0l vauxhall, so i feel it may be a fair way out. And as i would need to have it tuned by them after i got it up and running i thought i might as well take it to them, pay for an extra couple of hours and have them do a full check over before firing it up. At least i then know is going to be all setup as best it can for the initial start up and as i have a very expensive ENEM cam in it and the £220+vat for them to do the preliminary check is cheaper than a new cam :-)

I have booked a morning so i hope to get it checked for setup and the ECU all correct and then get it up and running an cam run in and maybe the tracking checked. I can then bring it home, do a final check and get some running in done. That i will head back to them and have a couple of hours on the rolling road for a full tune up!

I have come this far learning as much as i can but the EFI is a little beyond me and i think i now need to realise my limitations and hand it over to an expert :-)

Im always telling people in my job to not do it themselves and let an expert do it, so time to do what i preach :-)

I think if it was carbs i would do it myself but lots of unknowns for me with the Injection!

Andy

Sorry Andy, just forget what I wrote. Didn't know about the EFI, so think you are doing the best to let them do the first start-up.  Checked their website and it doesn't look as a normal Opel dealer garage. Succes with the start-up!

• Like 1

Sundaymorning (@the Nürburgring) I woke up and I noticed two men looking at my "400". Lets say I was pretty tired after a night with our friends of the club, beer was one of the reasons. After a few seconds I recognized the first owner of my "400"...

Well let us tell this story from the start: When I bought the "400" in 2005 there was also that little yellow maintenance book with it. The last page has got the name and city of the first owner. Also his profession. So I knew his name was Roland (cause of privacy will not give all info). The second day the "400" was in Belgium I looked at the Swiss internet to search for someone that fits the profile. So I found someone with the same name and he was a staff member of a firm that fits his former profession. And that firm was 20k's from the city that I found in that yellow book.   So I mailed him "Are you Ronald ....the first owner of a original Manta-400 from the village ..."     The same evening I had an answer "Yes I am!"   So I informed him about the car, and he was happy the car still excists in good condition. He mailed me a lot of info about the car and I mailed him all those years about what we did with the car. And one meeting we were in the neighbourhood of Switserland and we had a appointment. 

So after more than 25 years he saw his car again in 2013:

16h51zq.jpg

And last weekend he was at the Nürburgring with a friend to look for his old "400", and he was again happy the car is still in very good condition... Not me after that night...

• Like 4