87 plate gte- not great but seen worse

Evening all, been lurking for awhile, just bought another manta ( 25 years since my last one!) no doubt going to need advice & parts in the near future, hopefully it's not going to be a long term project.

It's an 87 reg  2 ltr, 5 speed manual gte hatch, with sunroof,  which was advertised locally, showing 69000 miles & MOT expired september 2014, (58k in 2006) miles may well be genuine but could also have been around the clock, doesn't really matter to me.

already had a lot of welding done, tidy enough welding on the inside, however not not so tidy on the underside, but solid enough & just wants some of the welds dressed up & a bit of sealer brushed about &  undersealed / wax oiled

Bodywork is rough in the sense of dents but not actually that rotten, door bottoms good, wheel arches good, front wings not great but repairable. scabs on roof and bonnet

Bought not running but was told it was a runner, so some fresh fuel squirted in , booster pack on & it fired straight up & sounded fine,  its pretty much a basic shell at the minute, having been stripped out to be welded.

I Paid a lot less than half of the advertised price  as the seller was fed up of time wasters,  ( under £500)  so we'll see how it goes, aiming for a road legal manta, with a nice interior & nice coat of paint rather than a full nut and bolt restoration.

It has  an Opel mantas Owners club plaque stuck on the dash (from july 2 &3 2011) and a matching tax disc holder, maybe someone recognises it?

Anyway- cheers & I look forward to picking your brains and getting another old manta back on the road- its not half as bad as some i've seen on here, just hope it ends up half as good!!

is using photobucket the only way to insert pics? only got this one on as it was available through a link?

D170RBH.jpg

• Like 3