Jessopia74

Silver Dream Machine

1 hour ago, H-400 said:

Sometimes you have to let someone else do the job. Same as you I don't have the possibility to do the paintjob myself, so you got to trust someone else... Keep us posted about that Saab  engine! 

Indeed will do Herman.

I spent nearly as long learning about the SAAB unit versions and the Trionic 5 & 7 management as I have on the repairs I completed on Silver.

I originally had a B235 with T7 setup for  the black coup, abd after learning about the limitations and complexities of the T7, it led me to decide that. T5 would be great for the Silver coupe too.

it will require a little bit of re-gigging of a few parts,  but they are solid engines with great longevity. The intervals of the B234 variant as an example is all forged as standard and good for 450+ without much of any work. Way more than needed in a My Manta 😁

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Indeed will do Herman.

I spent nearly as long learning about the SAAB unit versions and the Trionic 5 & 7 management as I have on the repairs I completed on Silver.

I originally had a B235 with T7 setup for  the black coup, abd after learning about the limitations and complexities of the T7, it led me to decide that. T5 would be great for the Silver coupe too.

it will require a little bit of re-gigging of a few parts,  but they are solid engines with great longevity. The intervals of the B234 variant as an example is all forged as standard and good for 450+ without much of any work. Way more than needed in a My Manta 😁

I did think about a saab engine for my build, i was told they are harder to fit as the engine is that much taller, have you come across this?

4 hours ago, bris jas said:

I did think about a saab engine for my build, i was told they are harder to fit as the engine is that much taller, have you come across this?

EDIT.From block sump face to top of rocker cover with a bit of clearance is 22”. 

From memory, it’s about there with the CIH engine I think, but I don’t have measurements.

I’m off down shortly, so I will take some measurements.

but I don’t think this is right. I know there are other Mantas out there with them already fitted.

Edited by Jessopia74
  • Like 1