Starmist black exclusive coupe

ANDY ABBOTT

Took delivery of yet another manta today, a star mist black exclusive coupe. I've wanted one in this colour for many years. I got my hands on this one and first impressions is I'm happy with it. It's not yo bad at all. It wants swan necks, lower A post repairs, drivers floor pan has the usual hole above the jacking point, small hole under washer bottle and couple of small holes in sills, plus a couple of other little bits, for the most part it's solid and better than most I've started with. This is going to be the first project for my new garage once my i240 is finished which is now at body work stage. 😀

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Very nice, where you find that?

Looks like a better shell then my black one tbh.

Been talking to the owner for a while. He wanted to do a deal on my 400 track car and was on and off for a while. Then he listed it on Facebook out the blue so I jumped on it lol 

33 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Ha! I suspected it was yourself that bought it when I saw you had PM'd the bloke on Facebook. Looks pretty good! Presumably there's no engine & interior etc. 

Yes I've been in talks with the owner for a while he was going to turn it into a 400 rep. I managed to talk him out of it being a starmist black exclusive it seemed a shame not to put it back standard. It was a surprise when I seen it on Facebook out of the blue after being in talks with him for months 😮 but anyway I managed to get it bought. 👍

Happy the car went to. Andy, who I know will make it into a lovely thing 👍🏻 

As said I was Gunna do a deal with the white track car then changed my mind every other day as Andy knows 😂

Only got rid because I’m knocking my garage down and while the coupe was in there I’d never start the 4 car garage I’m building 👍🏻

As I told Andy if the white one is around and for sale in the new year I’ll have it. 

I just didn’t want my shell outside in the wet,damp winter months...

ive just renewed my membership so as Arnie said..... I’ll be back ....!

Lee

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bris jas said:

Great buy, is it just the shell or are the other bits with it?

Rolling shell with doors, boot, skirts and half the spoiler. Oh and front and rear screens 

19 minutes ago, Dogbreath said:

Happy the car went to. Andy, who I know will make it into a lovely thing 👍🏻 

As said I was Gunna do a deal with the white track car then changed my mind every other day as Andy knows 😂

Only got rid because I’m knocking my garage down and while the coupe was in there I’d never start the 4 car garage I’m building 👍🏻

As I told Andy if the white one is around and for sale in the new year I’ll have it. 

I just didn’t want my shell outside in the wet,damp winter months...

ive just renewed my membership so as Arnie said..... I’ll be back ....!

Lee

Thanks mate, glad I finally got it. It was a surprise to see it up on Facebook 😮 I neatly jumped out of my seat. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dogbreath said:

And bumpers, steering column and key, twin light bezel’s 😂

looking forward to seeing the build..! 

Speak to you on Messenger later pal 👍🏻 

Lee

Steering column wooo,  bonus to be honest I hadn't noticed that. I've not had a proper look yet 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisb said:

its not one of my old ones at all is it?

E395 TFD or E427 UBO?

Love to know if these are still alive in some way shape or form.

In all honesty I don't even know the reg, I've not looked on logbook yet. It's at the unit with the car. Only came on Friday and I've not even took it of the trailer yet. Been crazy busy with work. I'll post up the reg tomorrow when I call down, unless Lee knows it off top of he's head ?

3 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

In all honesty I don't even know the reg, I've not looked on logbook yet. It's at the unit with the car. Only came on Friday and I've not even took it of the trailer yet. Been crazy busy with work. I'll post up the reg tomorrow when I call down, unless Lee knows it off top of he's head ?

It’s not far off ..., it’s E430 TFD 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ®evo03 said:
  • Why is it in good condition :thumbup

Weird to see a car ripped apart and not too shabby on the rot front. Was it stripped from new, take it this will be the concours edition!  Nice find

It's far from mint, does need some welding. Sills, drivers floor, swan necks, A posts, inner wings and couple of other bits. It was going to be made into a 400 hence it's stripped. But I talked the previous keeper out of it as it's a rare starmist black exclusive. It had a v8 in it at some point.

2 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

It's far from mint, does need some welding. Sills, drivers floor, swan necks, A posts, inner wings and couple of other bits. It was going to be made into a 400 hence it's stripped. But I talked the previous keeper out of it as it's a rare starmist black exclusive. It had a v8 in it at some point.

Haha, might be my lost shell 😛