C20XE fuel pressure regulator.

¢ordy$hine

Hi folks. 

I have a C20XE engine in my Manta B. I normally buy my petrol from Shell. I've been told rubber components used back in the day aren't designed for todays fuel and the additives used now. 

I had a few fuel leeks from my fuel pipes where the rubber seems to have melted? On grabbing the first screw driver I found from my tool box to loosen the jubilee clips which had a rubbery type handle, that melted too.

After taking out the tank, getting it flushed. Changing all rubbers, fuel pump, regulator I struggled to get two tiny seal which fits onto the FPR. After finally finding a supplier I thought I would share to help others. 

PSX_20190917_183252.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’ve not yet had a problem with my XE fuel pipes. I fitted it in 2012 and used all metal pipes down the chassis and modern rubber hose to join. I have however replaced a snapped engine mount today haha. Good to know you can still get bits for these engines too

Used this supplier to refurbish my lower steering column bearing assembly, many years ago. It was when they were like rocking horse poo to get hold off.

They are just down the road from me so very handy in that respect, will be using them to refurb my spare gearbox in the future.