Manta GTE Front exhaust pipe, New GM

green diamond

I have one new old stock genuine GM front pipe part number 90091862 to suit the 2.0 CIH engine as used on all the GTEs and Cavalier MK1, its a proper right hand drive pipe with the flat resonator box, in its original black painted finish with a weeny bit of rust here and there, its way to big and heavy for any courier service so its cash on collection from North Lincolnshire LN11, I cant post pictures but I can watsapp or email them if you send me a pm with your details,  £140.00

So the 1st 2 digits of the chassis number denotes the body style, in your case Coupe, your chassis number starts with 6 so like you said its an early car and the pipe we have will not suit, I believe the early 1.9 like yours used the same exhaust manifold as the 1.6 which had a different flange position or angle to the later 1.9/2.0?

no difference in manifold. all front pipes are interchangeable 1.6/1.9/2.0 .only real difference is larger engines had additional silencer in it rather than the 1,6 which didnt.hence put a 1.6 pipe on a 2.0 if you have to but it wont be as quiet. 

nowadays its a case of get what you can find. my 2.0 had until recently a 1.6 front on but with a silencer added into it .personal choice .

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 17:31, green diamond said:

So the 1st 2 digits of the chassis number denotes the body style, in your case Coupe, your chassis number starts with 6 so like you said its an early car and the pipe we have will not suit, I believe the early 1.9 like yours used the same exhaust manifold as the 1.6 which had a different flange position or angle to the later 1.9/2.0?

My chassis number starts 59, so even earlier! The manifold to downpipe flange is the larger one of what appears to be two different sizes - if the gaskets available are any indication.

hi. in all the cavaliers/ mantas ive had from a 76 with a 1.6 to 87 gte none of mine have ever had any differences regarding the exhaust manifold fitting flange or gasket.(all cam in head engines)

There are indeed a few sellers on ebay selling gaskets which are not correct and are either for the viva chevette or cav 1256 which are a similar but much much smaller gasket or some seem to try to sell the carlton / rekord gasket which is shorter than we need.

yours is a b series and a 1.6 front pipe will fit if you realy want but the 2.0 has the extra box which does make a difference and worth fitting to all (1.9 i think was available with or without the extra box depending on original or which aftermarket maker ? )

these exhausts do pop up on ebay from time to time and there are even some new ones on at the moment too ( a fair price thou !) or if you are ok with a welder and the actual branch pipes up to the manifold are ok its not too difficult  a job making the lower section yourself.some people have no doubt gone down  the stainless route or performance route but that a matter of personal preference as they can sometimes alter the exhaust tone from standard which i for one certainly wouldnt want.

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:25, Vinyltop said:

My chassis number starts 59, so even earlier! The manifold to downpipe flange is the larger one of what appears to be two different sizes - if the gaskets available are any indication.

The 59 at the start of your chassis number is the body style, 59 meaning Coupe, the chassis number is the next 8 digits and yours starts with 6 which may help later if your looking for chassis number related parts

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 17:49, gt/e paul said:

Hi has this sold please? 

Its still available at the moment