FAKE AD FOR MANTA GTE DO NOT BID

Same, keep reporting them .....Not sure what they can do to stop them hacking accounts, some are well established users with loads of feedback, you would think they would know about secure passwords, I can only think they are using some sort of phishing or malware to get the passwords.

I had a mail the other day which was very convincing supposedely from Netflix saying we failed to collect your subscription click here to pay, looked real enough and lots would fall for it, however if you hover over the link without clicking it shows you where it is actually going to, this link was to a server in China! My golden rule is even if a mail looks genuine I go to the actual website directly and login to check, phone calls asking for my info I call the company back, pays to be paranoid these days sadly.

• Like 4

I got an e mail from the OMOC admin team a few weeks ago to say my account was locked because there was three failed log in attempts from a postcode in Aberdeen, right enough I couldn’t browse the forum, access was restricted. I opened a new search from my phone for the OMOC club, logged on there as an existing member,  changed my password  then I was able gain access to the full forum, see photos etc again.

The problem now is when I do a google search and type in certain Opel Manta searches up comes a photo of my Manta taken off my profile photo, with a link at the bottom of the photo to the OMOC. I tend to suspect someone did get access to my account, realistically nothing posted online is 100% secure.

2 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

Same, keep reporting them .....Not sure what they can do to stop them hacking accounts, some are well established users with loads of feedback, you would think they would know about secure passwords, I can only think they are using some sort of phishing or malware to get the passwords.

I had a mail the other day which was very convincing supposedely from Netflix saying we failed to collect your subscription click here to pay, looked real enough and lots would fall for it, however if you hover over the link without clicking it shows you where it is actually going to, this link was to a server in China! My golden rule is even if a mail looks genuine I go to the actual website directly and login to check, phone calls asking for my info I call the company back, pays to be paranoid these days sadly.

If I get a suspicious email I always use my PC to check and can tell straight away it is. I always try and send the emails to the company being copied like Amazon, PayPal etc. to their spoof email report addresses. Don't know what their cyber team do with it but I have done my bit.

I also go to the correct website to confirm. My email account at Outlook/Live is usually very good at picking up Spam emails and puts them straight in the spam folder that I delete regularly once I am sure they are fake emails.

When I saw the advert with the white Manta GTE (eBay) I constantly reported it to them. The perpetrators were doing the same adverts for other classic cars as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mike. said:

I got an e mail from the OMOC admin team a few weeks ago to say my account was locked because there was three failed log in attempts from a postcode in Aberdeen, right enough I couldn’t browse the forum, access was restricted. I opened a new search from my phone for the OMOC club, logged on there as an existing member,  changed my password  then I was able gain access to the full forum, see photos etc again.

The problem now is when I do a google search and type in certain Opel Manta searches up comes a photo of my Manta taken off my profile photo, with a link at the bottom of the photo to the OMOC. I tend to suspect someone did get access to my account, realistically nothing posted online is 100% secure.

I’ve only got to type in Opel Manta on google image search and a picture of my red hatch (pre getting it back in the road) comes up. It’s because google can search through forums that are public to get you what you want. 

• 3 weeks later...

There's a white gte on eBay advert looks the same  seller is based in Germany Tho car is in UK ? and  has many many (100+) other cars,bikes,caravans and campers for sale all at £1 start bid so grab yourself a bargain :D.

• Haha 1