1 owner black GTE coupe

ANDY ABBOTT

Some done tonight. Cut out the bad bit on top edge of inner wing and replaced, finished off the battery tray, welded a plate on inner sill, welded drivers side floor pan and gave the A posts another coat of paint. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

On 24/10/2019 at 12:58, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Thanks Ian, it will all be getting stripped and 're undersealed/cavety treatment once all welding is done. Glass out and full strip down for paint, front screen is smashed anyway. 

I must add the seats are only placed in for storage, they have been slashed up by kids so are no good anyway, but removed so i dont set a fire going 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Top work Andy,

Following this thread with interest & am sure that this car will look great when finished, original is the way to go to get the best return on your investment.

As you said its nice to work on a car that hasn't had a load of bodged repairs in the past.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a good productive day on this today. Got a solid 9 hours on it. So what started out as a small (ish) hole in the rear section of passenger side sill, resulted in me pokeing and tapping, which then escalated quite quickly 😀 i ended up removing the full passenger sill. Good job I did as once I got it off I found the rear inner totally rotten out. Managed to cut out all the rot, make a few patches for the inner section, weld them in and fit a new sill. There is still some fine fettleing to do to the welds, but I ran out of time so bashed some primer and satin black on to prevent flash rust. While the sill was off I gave everything I could access a good treating with built hamber and paint. 

Passenger side rear arch is the next mission 😀

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Thanks ian, The plan was just do a couple of hours 🙂 then the poker came out and I had to stay till I at least got the passenger side sill on 😂

When your in the groove, it’s always difficult to drag yourself away...

• Haha 1

Yeah similar issue to my silver one, what started out as a hole 5pence size soon escalates 🙀

But I think this has again convinced me to cut off the (replacement)sills off black coupe and investigate.👍

Nice work Andy, can clearly see how your building it back there, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

So after a lot of contemplating I'm 90% sure I'm going to have to sell this as it stands unfinished. As you can see I've put a lot of work into this, and have storage fees and parts tied up in it too. I'm just waiting on the logbook back from DVLA, then i think it'll be up for sale. I'll be asking £3500 for it. And I think it's worth that, being 1 owner and low miles. The shell is pretty much as good as you'll find too.  I made a promise I'd offer it to a club member and friend first if I sold it, and I've stuck to my word on it. I've informed said member and left them to think on it. Ill let you all know in a couole of days whats happening. If anyone wants to show interest feel free to pm me shoukd the other member not have it. 👍

1 hour ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

So after a lot of contemplating I'm 90% sure I'm going to have to sell this as it stands unfinished. As you can see I've put a lot of work into this, and have storage fees and parts tied up in it too. I'm just waiting on the logbook back from DVLA, then i think it'll be up for sale. I'll be asking £3500 for it. And I think it's worth that, being 1 owner and low miles. The shell is pretty much as good as you'll find too.  I made a promise I'd offer it to a club member and friend first if I sold it, and I've stuck to my word on it. I've informed said member and left them to think on it. Ill let you all know in a couole of days whats happening. If anyone wants to show interest feel free to pm me shoukd the other member not have it. 👍

I am (Just about) ready and waiting Andy 👍

I might need to haggle a bit though 😁