Opel Manta B Coupe For Sale

1 hour ago, robah said:

Very nice, great work done by Danny and Carl. Nicely period kept with the hidden extras of the five speed box etc. 

Instant Show and Shine car, I really miss by SR Berlinetta now.

Thank you Rob. It’s been a hard build this one but chuffed with the result 

• Like 2

Looking at both this one and the pale blue one that's also currently for sale, you realise how good looking those early B's were when new! If it weren't for the headlamp surrounds I'd have thought this was more like a W plate albeit with chrome bumpers. 

The only thing that takes a bit of getting used to is the questionable colour palette Opel used in the interior.

BTW, how's D114BCW coming along?

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 2

I think it needs a Daytona check interior fitting but we wanted to keep it where the new owner could do what they wanted hence subtle mods which could be put back.

My coupe is coming on slowly, welding is getting there and all the running gear etc etc is now powdercoated. Just a long slog and I don’t have the time. Neil Boylan has been doing the welding up to now and has been a total hero. 

• Like 2

Asking too much.............way over priced! 

Just kidding, it is what it is, try finding a better one! Fair play looks very period! 

Heres mine, shows what can be done to take the grandpa look of it, lowered, bilstein stock period 8inch ats, chrome and body coloured bumper, daytona check, corsa b power steering. As danny said, everything can be removed, and reverted back to a 70s hit! 

P1010353.jpg&key=8147faa620714958f089f5bfe5fa28ff4f972e82ddb154093aa9eb5c43a35c90

Id rather stick a m3 enngine in it and a volvo back axle, but....... weirdly its my favourite manta, and yeh its a 1.6 4 speed, so no warp speed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I think it needs a Daytona check interior fitting but we wanted to keep it where the new owner could do what they wanted hence subtle mods which could be put back.

My coupe is coming on slowly, welding is getting there and all the running gear etc etc is now powdercoated. Just a long slog and I don’t have the time. Neil Boylan has been doing the welding up to now and has been a total hero. 

Can't disagree with re the Daytona interior. That would lift it albeit not OEM. Like you say, best left original. 

Good to hear your own Coupe is coming along. Not surprised you don't have time to work on it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael Horan said:

Beautiful car lads, looks the business. Only issue which is minor - Not a fan of screwing on the bumper rubbers from the outside with star head screw!!  Otherwise well done👍

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately the screws were already in the rubbers when we bought it & due to how rare new ones are and the fact we have spend 1000s on it, we decided enough was enough and we had to let it slide. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

Thank you for the feedback. Unfortunately the screws were already in the rubbers when we bought it & due to how rare new ones are and the fact we have spend 1000s on it, we decided enough was enough and we had to let it slide. 

I think you could have improved the situation with the screws by putting the 4 points of the screw head at north ,south ,east and west at least Dan  🤣🤣 they say you shouldn't laugh at your own jokes but if I don't , who will ? 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...