Ebay: 77S Manta 1.9 Berlinetta Coupe for sale

3 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Thank you. 

it’s a slow market unfortunately but a gentleman viewed it today and said it was perfect which was nice to hear. Hopefully he will sort out what he needs and it will have a new owner. 

• Haha 1

Hi Danny .

The gentleman  you are talking  about  came round  to my house after  seeing  yours  to look at mine and bought  it.

Even  give me  £500.00 more than it was advertised  for. 

As he realised  how good it was.

£13.000 for a manta b.

Who would  of thought it. Most people  on here  said  I would  only  possibly  get  £10.000.

They are definitely  creeping  up in price. 

Good luck with the SALE. 🤪

17 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Hi Danny .

The gentleman  you are talking  about  came round  to my house after  seeing  yours  to look at mine and bought  it.

As he realised  how good it was.

£13.000 for a manta b.

Who would  of thought it. Most people  on here  said  I would  only  possibly  get  £10.000.

They are definitely  creeping  up in price. 

Good luck with the SALE. 🤪

Glad your car has gone to a new home to be enjoyed. Its a new record for a Manta B which shows that prices have changed dramatically.

• Like 3

Well done Stu on achieving your asking price of £13000. That's a new record for a B1 coupe but yours was the best that has come up for sale for a few years now.

It took a while to sell but you weren't in a rush & it paid off.

I think the fact that your buyer had another nice B1 to compare with yours helped you achieve that cracking price.

I thought my 42000 mile un-restored SRB was worth £7000 + i think i need to rethink my valuation now !

IMG_20180715_131934443_HDR.thumb.jpg.f8e4305705739a230b9bfc158b994236.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Well done on the sale! It was certainly a lovely looking car. The question is, why would anyone offer more than the asking price?? You've started a new trend! :thumbup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dave, your car looks identical to the first Manta I ever drove.  My first Manta experience was in a 77 59SRB, polar white with red interior and black vinyl roof, it was our dealer principals daily driver. The car carried the registration number NMC 4 (Norman McGill Cuthbert), shortly after I drove it the car was sent to the legendary Bill Blydenstein and came back to the dealership as a 2.2 and was subsequently kitted out with some rather nice AlleyCat wheels.  Norman's wife Samantha's car was the same spec but finished in Cardinal Red it carried the plate 2 SC.  I wonder what those two cars carrying those private plates would be worth today.

• Like 1

Thanks for the  kind comments. 

If you don't have to  sell yours  then don't. 

Things are on the up for  the early  b,s.

Alot of people  relate to them from either  having  one  or there  parents  having  one .

In the shit world  we live  in we are all hanging  on to good old memories  when we thought  life was good  and hassle free. 

These cars are part of them memories. 

Feel good  factors. 😃

Cheers stuart.👌

• Like 4