Facebook: 86C Black Manta GTE for sale

25 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

As said by a lot of people on the FB page, it’s not really for sale as the owner is just fishing for (big)offers.

unless someone posts a price, then most of the time they will only sell if a stupid offer is made. 🤯

Fair point, however there are 400 comments on the 'UK Barn Finds' page and he says that there's someone coming at the weekend to view. But yes, no mention of a price. I'd say £6500-7500 would be a realistic offer with an MOT.

1 hour ago, Monaco Blue said:

Fair point, however there are 400 comments on the 'UK Barn Finds' page and he says that there's someone coming at the weekend to view. But yes, no mention of a price. I'd say £6500-7500 would be a realistic offer with an MOT.

I think this car if its as mint as he says is worth £12,000+ easily 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Danny D114BCW said:

I was going to revise my estimate upwards after I'd given it some more thought. You might be right if it's as nice as it sounds.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

If your one has not sold for £9,500 (which is excellent condition)

And don’t forget the is MOT and tex free

l don’t think he get near that £12,000 mark

6 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

He should ask 15k for it!

He could, but I doubt very much he would get it. As has been said previously, when you hit the £10K+ mark you are getting beyond what the average Manta aficionado is willing or able to spend. I could point you to a few others that have been, or are up for higher figures and either didn't sell or go from dealer to dealer and still don't sell. 

Until someone actually gets to have a good look at this particular car and can see what hiding underneath (or not) we are just talking hypothetical values. A current MOT would certainly help though. There's no MOT history online, so has been off the road for 15 years at least. 

Of course, on the plus side it's a GTE coupe, and rare in black with the Chicago interior. Pretty sure solid black was dropped for the 87MY. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1200bandit said:

If your one has not sold for £9,500 (which is excellent condition)

And don’t forget the is MOT and tex free

l don’t think he get near that £12,000 mark

Later ones demand more money unfortunately in the case of the yellow one. GTEs etc sell like hot cakes 

• Like 2

Shsssssssssssssssss, dont tell em the early ones are better metal, all we needs is a shit load of quad lights, injection systems, spoilers, skirts, and recaros, fake gtes will flood the market.  

A nice early car tba is better, my 1.6 78b, is my fav, never sell it, was gonna convert it to a 2.0 5sp, glad i didnt now, building up an other b, this time a 2.0 4 speed, decided to keep 4sp, see how that goes:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Keep that under your hat......... you mean someone will be paying top exclusive money for a percentage of manta b....... how dare you! ....lol

It’s only me paying so it don’t matter I guess, oh wait a sec let me think 🤔

🙈🙈

30 minutes ago, 1200bandit said:

The is a 1993 1.8 hatch on gumtree for wait for it £22,950 (not a mistake we’ll by me ) I think he will be having that one for so time 

This one again! I'm sure it's gone up in price since I last saw it! 

https://www.gumtree.com/p/opel/1983-opel-manta-1.8-gt-3-door-hatchback-/1363222693