Ebay: Silver A plate GTE Auto Hatch for sale

• 1 year later...

Always irks me when people put comments in ads like “ I could get it running with a new battery and fresh fuel “.  Either do it or don’t mention it.  Worse one is when advertised with a fault and they say “ garage says it’s this that’s wrong and it’s this part you need and they are readily available on eBay for £3 “. I hate reading adverts that assume you’re an idiot .  Sorry I appear to have woken up grumpy 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Buz said:

Always irks me when people put comments in ads like “ I could get it running with a new battery and fresh fuel “.  Either do it or don’t mention it.  Worse one is when advertised with a fault and they say “ garage says it’s this that’s wrong and it’s this part you need and they are readily available on eBay for £3 “. I hate reading adverts that assume you’re an idiot .  Sorry I appear to have woken up grumpy 🤣

Those adds wind me up too. I guess their target audience is an “idiot” and there are some about. Some naive kid will believe it and pay over the odds for a heap of trouble. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

The seller is totally deluded.

I have to agree! Reading the description below, one wonders what planet he is on! He'd be doing well to get £2.5K.

"Rare opportunity to get your hands on an Opel Manta GTE auto, first regd 06/1984, on "A" plate registration, Exceptional condition, very light restoration, recommissioning needed to be back on the road.

Completely standard, unmodified, never been welded. This car is superb.

There is some rust bubbling very hard to see on the arches, the r/h wing has been poorly painted in the past, sunroof does not leak but has the slightest imperfection under the paint where I expect corrosion has just started.... very minimal though. engine bay is perfect apart and looks like new apart from one small hole near the headlight. Never been welded or bodged through a previous Mot as its been off the road in a dry shed in the south of the country since 2002 when it was last on the road.

Boot doesn't open from outside and one door lock is damaged, I could get it running with a new battery and fresh fuel if you wish".

21 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

I have to agree! Reading the description below, one wonders what planet he is on! He'd be doing well to get £2.5K.

"Rare opportunity to get your hands on an Opel Manta GTE auto, first regd 06/1984, on "A" plate registration, Exceptional condition, very light restoration, recommissioning needed to be back on the road.

Completely standard, unmodified, never been welded. This car is superb.

There is some rust bubbling very hard to see on the arches, the r/h wing has been poorly painted in the past, sunroof does not leak but has the slightest imperfection under the paint where I expect corrosion has just started.... very minimal though. engine bay is perfect apart and looks like new apart from one small hole near the headlight. Never been welded or bodged through a previous Mot as its been off the road in a dry shed in the south of the country since 2002 when it was last on the road.

Boot doesn't open from outside and one door lock is damaged, I could get it running with a new battery and fresh fuel if you wish".

If this is "exceptional condition" i would hate to see his rotten/spares kinda car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Danny D114BCW said:

If this is "exceptional condition" i would hate to see his rotten/spares kinda car.

I seem to recall it was a rotten Exclusive hatch.

Came across this from Nov. last year. Winning bid was £1300, but presumably didn't get beyond the reserve. 

https://bid.hampsonauctions.com/lot-details/index/catalog/8/lot/789/1984-Opel-Manta-GTE?url=%2Fauctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F8%2FClassic-Car-Auction-now-online-only

• Like 1

its the kind of car that if you found it back in the day on a forecourt you would just think 'thats a bit grotty,not been looked after very well' and the same argument would stand now. if that was mine for sale id be only too glad to let it go for £1300 and maybee feel guilty at that !

its been said many times recently       the worlds gone crazy

• Like 2