400r rally prepared by Tim Ashton

ANDY ABBOTT

4 hours ago, H-400 said:

Looks great again, what are you going to do with the rims? They look tiny with the wide body kit.

Still trying to figure out what to go for with the rims herman, I've a few options to look into. These are not staying on but going to look into getting them altered in the future aswell. Getting hard to find now 

Thought I'd upload some of the cars history file. For future reference 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Seems the forum has killed the quality of the pictures. Unreadable on here 🙄

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

They are 17 mate. Touch bugger than I wanted, but got sick of looking 

Good, I think 15s look poxy on the Manta, need to be more aggressive 😁 if your not going gravel racing, no need to have the larger profile boots.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheRealExile said:

If you have done Paypal or Credit Card you should get your £ back worst case, was looking forward to seeing the wheels on so fingers crossed.

Will have to look into it further in due course. Ebay wont allow me to open a case till the 10th. I'm gutted, they would have been perfect for it  

One thing, you will get it worked out hopefully if you have a ebay accont and paypal. Weird why you cant open a case. I always get a phone number for big purchases, or at least get an address, to send in the heavies if needed! Anyway hopefully you get your funds back, and most importantly get a set of wheels sorted.

Well the wheels arrived today out if the blue. Still no contact made by the seller,he didn't even mark them as dispatched. Strange way of doing business to say the least, but atleast they have arrived. They are now in the tyre shop for some new boots. 235 fronts and 285 rears 😳

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Usually you can go to same width(maximum), you might need to play about with tyre pressures to keep the contact point flat, but 285 easily be doable at 40% profile.

It's the fronts I'm more concerned about mate. Didn't really want to go as wide as 255 on front. But I think 235 will be stretched 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

It's the fronts I'm more concerned about mate. Didn't really want to go as wide as 255 on front. But I think 235 will be stretched 

At, yeah sorry missed that - I was just over excited to see the wheels, really like them . A big 👍👍.

But you are right, they will need to be stretched to fit, for a track car will not be great.