Berlinetta Hatch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-C-Reg-Opel-Manta-1-8-Berlinetta-Hatchback-1-Family-From-New-64-000-Miles/293486899260?hash=item44552eb03c:g:2RwAAOSwMHFeT55t&redirect=mobile

Very nice and unmolested. Another one from Carl and Dan! 

Posted the link from my mobile and it seems to work okay for me, sorry in advance if it doesn't work but you know where to find it :thumbup

Edited by TheRealExile
Add
  • Like 2

That looks very nice and as Carl says, nice in Orient Blue. Seems like a very fair price too.

The only thing I would question re its originality is why were the Berlinetta decals removed. Maybe they didn't like them.

Edited by Monaco Blue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrCarlos said:

Berlinetta decals are present and correct 🙂

Screenshot_20200222-203752_Samsung Internet.jpg

Apologies, Carl. Subtle or what, they aren't obvious in the photos, and I looked a few times. Always thought that silver decals would have looked better on Orient Blue. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

1 hour ago, Rapierdave said:

If your happy with what you got that's all that matters.

Very true, albeit I suspect you could probably have got a bit more. In saying that, it may have taken longer to sell.

It will be interesting to see how much they will be asking for it. I'd imagine they will respray that front wing and perhaps smart-repair the worst of the marks.

As said on Facebook, £7500 would be my reckoning. It might be more. Wait and see.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately for the dealer he bought the car just at the wrong time, with hindsight if he had priced it at £5995 originally he may have sold it on quickly & made a quick £1.5K profit for doing a valet.

In the current buyers market it's a £5K car tops imo.

Its still a good car though & with the paintwork sorted would be a very nice example of a 1.8 Manta Hatch.

• Like 1

At £6K it's probably a good buy given it's obviously been looked after from new. As said previously, just a pity the paintwork has so many blemishes, albeit touched up to keep the corrosion at bay.

I quite fancy it myself, but not being a GT/E rules it out.

I noticed a well respected bodyshop local to me (Burgess Hill) offering half-price resprays just now due to COVID-19 restrictions etc, but suspect it would still cost circa £2K. 

Edited by Monaco Blue

2 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

At £6K it's probably a good buy given it's obviously been looked after from new. As said previously, just a pity the paintwork has so many blemishes, albeit touched up to keep the corrosion at bay.

I quite fancy it myself, but not being a GT/E rules it out.

I noticed a well respected bodyshop local to me (Burgess Hill) offering half-price resprays just now due to COVID-19 restrictions etc, but suspect it would still cost circa £2K. 

Yeah, and that is the issue a good quality respray starts at ~4K,Plus cost of any new bits needed.

It cost me closer to 5 on silver coupe as it was stripped, glass out, trim out etc. Soon eats into budgets and is effectively not getting done as the seller would never recover the cost.

Edited by Jessopia74
Spellings 😔
  • Like 1