400 rep turbo wreck

Mickfrad

When I had my Cav Coupe, I followed the build of this in the Max Power Magazine? of the late 80s. I so wanted my car to be like this but could never afford it at the time.

I still like the look of it, and wonder if it is still around. I probably still couldn't afford it, and definitely don't have the space for another car.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 2

Worth pulling the plate off axle, to check diff  / LSD. To see whats fitted.

A open diff can get sticky anf bind, along with a LSD not gripping.

A word of warning, a insurance company questioned a car i own, it is declared as a c20xe, they got mixed up with the engine code within their internal systems, and thought it was a turbo engine. Why! C20 let

They went on to explain, they could not and would not insure a production car that was not turbocharged as per released from manufactured. Ie a manta was never manufactured by opel with a turbo. 

But i did see somewhere the manta a was the first production car to be turbo. < dont know if its try or false! 

Good job on original wheels!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Worth pulling the plate off axle, to check diff  / LSD. To see whats fitted.

A open diff can get sticky anf bind, along with a LSD not gripping.

A word of warning, a insurance company questioned a car i own, it is declared as a c20xe, they got mixed up with the engine code within their internal systems, and thought it was a turbo engine. Why! C20 let

They went on to explain, they could not and would not insure a production car that was not turbocharged as per released from manufactured. Ie a manta was never manufactured by opel with a turbo. 

But i did see somewhere the manta a was the first production car to be turbo. < dont know if its try or false! 

Good job on original wheels!

Pulled the plate.....open diff 😕

news gets better though

Been in contact lots with vince the original builder

Wheels are wrapped up ready to come my way along with keys, paperwork and original stereo system

Vince if you read this thank you from the bottom of my soul 💜 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

And vince also sent me a load of back in the day pics of the car including scans of the mag feature from hot car in feb 82 which i remember from being a kid....but no wing then which totally agrees with my memory ! The start of the manta obsession....

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
4 hours ago, MrCarlos said:

Its safe and sound waiting for its turn to be done - im waiting to get into a bigger unit which will greatly increase throughput!

Positives for moving, but I don't envy having to move, what a nightmare 😬 

Going to be re-roofing my storage until this year and looks like I will need to buy a curtain wider to temp store everything, looking forwards to moving everything 😂