GTE clutch

DeeBob

Hello all,

In need of a decent clutch for my 1987 GTE, getting into the nitty gritty with it now and can't seem to find the right clutch online or in person for the life of me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers

I keep a watch list going for Manta bits on eBay & saw this, no idea if its any good for you though

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Ascona-Manta-2000-CIH-engine-paddle-clutch/153858479231?hash=item23d2ae147f:g:pm4AAOSwpB5eZihC

Try this link too YMMV

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/90189816

Edited by Trooker
additional info

• 4 months later...
On 10/08/2020 at 18:46, shaunwilli said:

Been looking on the euro car parts site and have had no luck.Local store in newport is impossible to get into at the moment and they dont answer the phone.Are they definitely available at europarts or is ebay the best route.Thankyou.

Yes since i posted that euro have stopped supplying them

I needed one myself recently and found gte clutches to be totally unavailable at any price

Im now having them remanufactured myself and can supply them at £120 on an exchange basis, i must have your old plate and cover back in order to continue supply

Release bearings are brand new

Uk mainland post and packing is £10

• Like 2

Yes sounds good.The problem i have is that the clutch fitted in my car appears to foul on the flywheel bolts.There are visible signs on the four springs in the clutch plate and the flywheel bolts.I assumed the noise when depressing the clutch was the release bearing.Everything seems in good nick apart from the rubbing together.So i wanted a new clutch incase the wrong one was fitted.

54 minutes ago, MrCarlos said:

Yes since i posted that euro have stopped supplying them

I needed one myself recently and found gte clutches to be totally unavailable at any price

Im now having them remanufactured myself and can supply them at £120 on an exchange basis, i must have your old plate and cover back in order to continue supply

Release bearings are brand new

Uk mainland post and packing is £10

GTE clutch 8.5in? Same as all 2.0 clutches? If so I might take you up on one of them.

11 minutes ago, Sutty2006 said:

GTE clutch 8.5in? Same as all 2.0 clutches? If so I might take you up on one of them.

Yes 215mm 2.0 GTE size 

26 minutes ago, shaunwilli said:

Yes sounds good.The problem i have is that the clutch fitted in my car appears to foul on the flywheel bolts.There are visible signs on the four springs in the clutch plate and the flywheel bolts.I assumed the noise when depressing the clutch was the release bearing.Everything seems in good nick apart from the rubbing together.So i wanted a new clutch incase the wrong one was fitted.

Thats ok ill take your existing one as an old unit and get it checked to see if its the correct one before doing anything with it

• Like 1