Adrian Flux - Current Situation

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi.

Just to let you know we are still very much open and hopefully its business as usual wherever possible.

As from Monday our quotes team will be on hand for any new quotations as per the below:-

Monday – Friday 9 am – 6 pm

Saturday – 9 am – 4 pm

Sunday 10 am -2 pm

Currently our service teams opening hours for existing clients are unaffected.

Please feel free to visit the following FAQ link for advice around Coronavirus and insurance:-

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/blog/2020/03/how-will-coronavirus-affect-my-insurance.html

During this uncertain period you may wish to look into laid up insurance so if this is the case please feel free to drop me a line.

Stay safe.

Regards,

Dan.

• 1 month later...

I've been driving since 1951,  vans, coaches cars, class 1 and just about everything on wheels, and have never ever had to make a claim , was charged once for speeding!!  But now only do less that 4,000 miles a yea,r I use the motorway twice a year. holiday time. My car has only done 80,000 miles since 1977, a beautiful Polar white  Cavvy!!! but on my new renewal Adrian Flux add £20 to my renewal, What happened to No Claims Bonus, or something to say Thanks?  

Edited by Julian
SPELLING

Hi Julian,

Thanks for providing the policy number and I have located your file.  I an see that you renewed with us on 25/4/2020.

Was there anything further that you needed looking into?  What was the mid-term adjustment that you wanted us to look into?

Thanks.

Dan

I never mentioned any mid term adjustment, that was Chris who wanted that, You re replying to me regarding Chri's query, could be that the £20 you added to my bill was really meant for someone else!!!!

• Like 1

On 01/05/2020 at 11:56, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi Julian,

Thanks for providing the policy number and I have located your file.  I an see that you renewed with us on 25/4/2020.

Was there anything further that you needed looking into?  What was the mid-term adjustment that you wanted us to look into?

Thanks.

Dan

You still have not answered my question.  I'll ask again. Why have I been charged an extra £20 to renew my policy???

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Julian said:

You still have not answered my question.  I'll ask again. Why have I been charged an extra £20 to renew my policy???

Well given how this issue has been handled I will stick with my current insurance company I think  😂

• Like 3

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 10:20, Julian said:

Hi again,

I did respond to your message via a private message on 1st May but just to reiterate you paid £259.77 last year and this year with the rate increase it's £282.25 - so not entirely unreasonable given your advanced years of 86yrs old. 

Given your advanced years we may not have had many insurers quoting as premiums do rise unfortunately as claims stats show the more mature drivers' are increasingly involved in accidents.

Feel free to return to me to discuss any matters.

Dan

How dare you suggest that I am not physically fit to drive, you don't know me, you have never seen me, that is like me telling you that you are not fit to drive, Don't you forget Dan, you will grow older like everyone else, so take a tip off me. You respect your elders.

Have a nice day.

• Like 3

My Dad is about the same age as Julian, he is a great driver! Can not remember he had an accident or something like that... In more than 60 years!

My son is 19 and he is a also a nice (not gonna say great, too young) driver and he has got to give his right arm to pay the insurance. If you have some accidents I am the first to say pay more for the insurance cause of your behaviour. So yet insurance companies put us in statistics.

So Julian, I support you! 

1 hour ago, Shug said:

Should an insurer be sharing personal information like that on a public forum? 

Shug, I think the answer to this is a simple no they should not.  This is a blatant display of age discrimination and the person who wrote this and company they represent should hang their heads in shame and review their privacy policies before posting such information in the future.   

Well, tbh I don’t think we should over react here. He did not suggest anyone is not fit to drive, but stated the facts of how insurers see it. No difference than suggesting those under the age of 21 or men are a higher risk statistically than women ( I strongly disagree!). 
However,  a) it could have been worded slightly less direct and b) the exact age thing is a bit unneeded, but not given D.O.B is not a breach of data protection.

He responded at least, by PM. 

If it’s any consolation, My insurance goes up annually by at least  5%, if it goes higher I always shop around with the comparison sites, use them all as variation even between the same insurance company quote depending on the deal with the site.

• Like 1

I think the whole topic has pretty much fallen on its face . It started out with a “ We are still here for you all “ which is fine, but then when issues arose, I feel the company should have dealt with them in person ie telephone or email and not via the forum , which is where you can give the personal touch and dispel the “we’ve got your cash now don’t crash” feeling that we get from insurers.With regards to data protection,  I think too much information has been posted by both sides to be fair, and I agree with Jess in that it’s not unreasonable for premiums to possibly rise after we reach a certain age , in the same way that young drivers pay more. Unfortunately young , middle and older aged drivers are categorised into groups , generalised and charged accordingly but Julian , I do feel your pain, especially if you have completed another year claim free.  I also totally feel your pain being called a person of “advanced years” which is a little patronising and could have been worded better to say the least. 

Many thanks for the comments men, it's my fault I suppose, I should have contacted the company by phone, or email. So I think it will be in order to leave it as it is, and carry on with the LOCK DOWN!!!   Take care out there everyone, and Happy Motoring.

• Like 4