E45 SFK i240 restoration after all these years

ANDY ABBOTT

49 minutes ago, TheRealExile said:

What a find! Does this mean the orange Manta is up for grabs ? :thumbup

No its staying with me lol. 

42 minutes ago, Monaco Blue said:

Wow! Now that's quite something! Looks pretty good given it's been sitting for 20 years! I dare say there will be a bit of work required to get it back on the road. 

You must be chuffed to bits! 

Absolutely over the moon. It really is one of my all time favourite mantas. It's a dream to finally own it. It does need a lot of work, but it's much better than I expected  it's getting a full hit anyway. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, H-400 said:

Great, she looks nice after 20 years. 

Think this Manta is nr. 4, are you going to start an Opel Museum? 😄

I probably could now herman lol. Absolutely made up I finally got this car, it's been calling my name for a long time, just so happy it dont have to sit and rot any longer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manta hatch said:

If this was to come for sale as is our when finished I would like first dibs if it is a genuine i240 🙂 

Its steve Thompson built from a brand new car. It was built for Steve's brother  at their dealership 

1 hour ago, Manta hatch said:

If this was to come for sale as is our when finished I would like first dibs if it is a genuine i240 🙂 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

First wash in who know how many years. It really has survived lots better than I could have expected. Pushed over the pit for a little look, let the saga begin 🙂

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, starmist said:

Ready for Sywell? 😆

Nooooo 🤣

48 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

Like Dan of Fantomworks fame asks all his customers does it run and stop????

It does now. Replaced fuel pump and pipes, flushed fuel system, fresh fuel, fresh oil, replaced water pump and coolant and off it went 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, GTEPETE said:

thats good news.....do you know if this car was ever featured in any mags?

Yes fast car features, manta magic a couple of times and some other that I cant remember name off top of my head 

6 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Is the i240 a 2.4 engine?

Yes it is mate, and this one was custom built by peter maiden. Engine number is hand stamped by him and has i240 stamped in it too 

1 hour ago, GTEPETE said:

Forgot about the Fast Car feature especially as I was there!  I wonder what year was the car being offered  for £16500.....

I'm not sure to be honest. I've got piles and piles of paperwork to go through yet, so hopefully I'll uncover more of its history too 🙂

1 hour ago, Sutty2006 said:

That paintwork has lasted well for being outside for so long.....can’t be genuine GM paint 🤣 love the standard 240 look to it. 

It has held up surprisingly well considering its say on grass 20 years. What a testament to what mark morris did to it. He was that cars saving grace. If he hadn't of blasted it in paint and wax oil In hes ownership, we would now be looking at a pile of rust. Thank the lord for that man 😄

35 minutes ago, fullsunian said:

Great to see this car is going to get the love it deserved. I remember it from the 90's and wasn't owned by Sean Hunt?

Ian 

Yes sean hunt had it then mark morris, then went to Jim who I purchased it from. Jim is a very nice bloke. I think life just got in the way for him. He had all the best intentions for the car he just couldn't get around to doing anything with it. I can fully understand how attached to the car he was, and why it's taken so long to let go. We all have those special cars that you know you'll never replace and this was Jim's. I'm just very thankful he finally seen the car wasnt going to last much longer and decided I was the man he would like to pass it over to. I've promised to take jim out for a run in it once it's done, and I will honour that promise for sure 👍

• Like 9