E45 SFK i240 restoration after all these years

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally after all these years almost 20 years sat on a drive way. it will now live on. One of my all time favourite cars that I've chased for years is finally coming home with me. I'm made up.  Pr

E45 SFK in primer. Bit of fine fettleing to do then reflat, reprime then get it ready for top coat 🙂 Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member. Project im

Saving the original doors, and wings. More welding. 🙄 Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member. Project images are available to Club Members Only,

Posted Images

Looking great Andy, it's all the small finicky bits that are the time sinks huh!

Quick question on door gaps since you have done a shed load, what is the correct gap on the back edge to B post and wing fitment?

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Looking great Andy, it's all the small finicky bits that are the time sinks huh!

Quick question on door gaps since you have done a shed load, what is the correct gap on the back edge to B post and wing fitment?

Thanks mate. Door etc.. are all good I mocked it all up to check before paint. Wings are currently not fully boted on they was just fitted to move to the new workshop. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

• Like 1

TY for pic, Wanted to know the gap for mine, one of the wings is a little miss formed so bodyshop will need to profile to correct. Also the door hinges was welded at one point, so I want them to get the gaps back to what should be original if they are adjusting.

7 hours ago, Monaco Blue said:

Looking good! Excitement levels must be ramping up a bit now! 

They sure are. Moving to the new place has knocked my flow a bit I must admit, but I'm sure I'll get used to it in time. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Thanks Herman. Yes I also tape them up when fitting. They are quite difficult to install 

Is the process for putting them back in described in the Haynes Manual correct Andy?

9 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Is the process for putting them back in described in the Haynes Manual correct Andy?

I'm not sure to be honest jess I just screw the gliders back on in same position on the sliding section upon removal, so they go back in same order 

• Thanks 1

Top work their mate👍 a credit to the club...i  quess its fair to say this one is a keeper and you won't be selling it on😛

Have you thought about the value of it once completed for insurance purposes yet...25k maybe🤑

Will be great to see it on the road and at the shows..maybe a youtube vid of it reunited with its former keeper like you said.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Top work their mate👍 a credit to the club...i  quess its fair to say this one is a keeper and you won't be selling it on😛

Have you thought about the value of it once completed for insurance purposes yet...25k maybe🤑

Will be great to see it on the road and at the shows..maybe a youtube vid of it reunited with its former keeper like you said.

Defo be a keeper 🙂 I've wanted this car for years and at the current prices id like to think it be worth more than 25k once finished considering what it is and the work that's gone into it. Not to mention the amount I paid for it to rescue it from its rusty death 😂

• Like 1
18 hours ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

Defo be a keeper 🙂 I've wanted this car for years and at the current prices id like to think it be worth more than 25k once finished considering what it is and the work that's gone into it. Not to mention the amount I paid for it to rescue it from its rusty death 😂

Easily mate. 

• Thanks 1