E45 SFK i240 restoration after all these years

ANDY ABBOTT

5 minutes ago, ®evo03 said:

Flicking through an old OMOC magazine, think ive a old article on this car, will photograph it some time if i get sorted, not jealous at all, mainly because i cant see photographs. 

Why don't you just pay the £15 and become a web member? Problem re photos sorted then.

• 1 month later...

Lots of stuff has gone on the car since my last update. Doesn't seem much point in doing a detailed write up on here anymore as the site is dead and only the odd couple of people seem to follow the build here so I'll keep it short and sweet and just update with pictures instead just for future reference. I've been doing my regular updates on my Facebook page which has a much bigger following and more interest in the build. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Car is now also running and driving 

• Like 14

Following the build on fb as well but this is a great  build to keep a record of here too if it’s not too much hassle. 

There’s still a lot of views still on this site if the built-in counter has any credibility but it hasn’t had a widespread culture of ‘likes’ for posts. 

Fb is for the now, a post has a life of, what, a week? Have tried searching fb for older info & it ain’t fun but I totally get that’s where the people are even if much of the rest of the fb noise is maddening 🤪

Cool build btw! 👌

Edited by Trooker
  • Like 6

On 18/04/2021 at 16:30, Sutty2006 said:

Always better on here. Facebook is a quick shot gone tomorrow kind of place. Here, it’s engraved a bit deeper. 

My restoration are all detailed on my YouTube channel too for my own future reference. Just seems a pointless task detailing things here now for the odd one or 2. Sad times but true. These types of forums are dead. I have tried to drive traffic here from Facebook, and detailed all my builds here but seems a lost cause unfortunately 

13 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Yeh keep posting here, at least here it is the omoc, and not some random liking because of the colour etc! I just never got it, plus you get the option of compiling the info into printed form as a keepsake. 

I have all my restoration detailed on my own devices for my own reference. Here it's now just for the benefit of others that need tech info etc... theres just no interest here and there's no motivation to post anything here any longer unfortunately. 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT

1 minute ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

My restoration are all detailed on my YouTube channel too for my own future reference. Just seems a pointless task detailing things here now for the odd one or 2. Sad times but true. These types of forums are dead. I have tried to drive traffic here from Facebook, and detailed all my builds here but seems a lost cause unfortunately 

This place has been thriving in comparison to previous years. I think COVID may have had something to do with it. I f**king hate Facebook in general. I deleted it off my phone years ago. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sutty2006 said:

This place has been thriving in comparison to previous years. I think COVID may have had something to do with it. I f**king hate Facebook in general. I deleted it off my phone years ago. 

If this is what we call thriving mate that's alarming 😂

12 minutes ago, ANDY ABBOTT said:

If this is what we call thriving mate that's alarming 😂

Like I said, in comparison to previous years. Yes the forum has been dead. But recently it’s picked up a lot. 

Same reason the magazine died. Facebook killed it off. 

• Like 2

I use both FB and the forum. I feel the forum information is a lot more in depth. Some threads are like As close as you'll get to a manual on how  to restore a manta. Im cracking on with mine now and tbh couldn't have done it without looking through some of the build threads in this forum. Myself and others appreciate the time it takes to post pictures and write all the tasks out. 

Car looks amazing Andrew. It's a  credit to the work that you've put in.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Like I said, in comparison to previous years. Yes the forum has been dead. But recently it’s picked up a lot. 

Same reason the magazine died. Facebook killed it off. 

Has facebook a history, an archive that you can look back on, or does it disappear? 

Threads on here are a great reference, as was the magazine, some really good documents have been lost here too, yeh it takes time, effort and sometimes no reply, but you gotta ask yourself why are you doing it, for yourself, instant likes, or a documented history, you can be sure you are addressing kindred spirits on here. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1