One for Herman! The Opel Project

The car is alive 🙂

Had a couple of issues to sort out with the injector connections, but i was well happy it started first time 🙂

I now need to get the throttle bodies setup and balanced as its all been apart sine the initial tune up. Hopefully i can get it close enough on my own to give it a drive once i have  put the hydraulic clutch back on.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Yes!! - fantastic news, many congratulations.

Thanks Ian, its been a long time. Looking forward to the first trip out, think i need to get it up to a garage and have the tracking sorted before i drive too far, is that an essential trip 🙂

1 minute ago, H-400 said:

Hey Andy, thats great! Congratulations! Always a moment of satisfaction the engine runs at the first time. I did it with normal OEM parts, but you 

took it to a higher level. 

I think that is why its taken me so long to get it finished 🙂

On 23/04/2020 at 20:27, Jessopia74 said:

👍👍

geek in me firstly noticed the novel air temp sensor 

I did a website for an engineering company and in exchange they made some parts for me 🙂

On 23/04/2020 at 20:40, Manta hatch said:

Get them balanced up and set tps voltage she will purrrrr 🙂 

That's what im currently trying to sort out 🙂 Sine having it setup by Northampton Motorsport the manifold and throttle bodies have been off and i have put a new loom in for the Omex, so it was all up wall, so i have been trying to get it all setup from scratch. Found out one of the idle adjuster screws has gone for a walk while it was off so that was one of the reasons the balance was so bad. ordered one today and they said the postage could be 2 - 3 weeks!! got to tackle the TPS over the weekend, so as you say, hopefully once i have all that sorted we will be all good to go 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, moodoo said:

Great stuff Andy, many congrats, onwards and upwards now!

Fin

Hey Fin, how are things?? its been a while! i hope you and all the family are well and keeping safe?? The boys must be quite old now? Amie is 16 in 2 weeks, eek!

Just a couple of little bits to sort out one i have balanced the throttle bodies and we are out on the open road, or off to have the tracking sorted so i an at least take it out to do my essential shopping 🙂

Are you off of work? any work done on the Manta?

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2020 at 20:40, Manta hatch said:

Get them balanced up and set tps voltage she will purrrrr 🙂 

Got them balanced and the TPS tweaked and we are looking good.

http://www.theopelproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/The-Opel-Project.mp4

Time to hit the road soon 🙂

Andy

On 23/04/2020 at 20:12, H-400 said:

Hey Andy, thats great! Congratulations! Always a moment of satisfaction the engine runs at the first time. I did it with normal OEM parts, but you 

took it to a higher level. 

Herman, im almost there 🙂

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 611 said:

Got them balanced and the TPS tweaked and we are looking good.

Time to hit the road soon 🙂

Andy

Herman, im almost there 🙂

Andy

Sounding  great, just noticed that you not using air temp sensor?

36 minutes ago, Jessopia74 said:

Sounding  great, just noticed that you not using air temp sensor?

Well spotted!

I am, i unplugged it when i tested the injector leads just to make sure they were all fining ok and forgot to connect it back up!! all back on now.

Looking forward to taking her out when i go for my essential shopping trip in the next week or two 🙂

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Injection, sorry for the cryptic question, blame it on the 🍷😎

Ha ha.

Im not sure. its the Omex 600 ECU and loom im using and then the throttle bodies from the old failed Webcon Alpha system. I didn't read too much up on it. It was recommended to me by Northampton Motorsport, as when they went to tune the Webcon one i had loads of problems and it was just cheaper to swap over rather than try to sort the Webcon. Its great as they an dial in to my laptop and tweak it if needed 🙂

http://omextechnology.co.uk/ecu-600.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 611 said:

Ha ha.

Im not sure. its the Omex 600 ECU and loom im using and then the throttle bodies from the old failed Webcon Alpha system. I didn't read too much up on it. It was recommended to me by Northampton Motorsport, as when they went to tune the Webcon one i had loads of problems and it was just cheaper to swap over rather than try to sort the Webcon. Its great as they an dial in to my laptop and tweak it if needed 🙂

http://omextechnology.co.uk/ecu-600.html

Yeah it can be either on the ones. Has it got a crank trigger wheel ?

4 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yeah it can be either on the ones. Has it got a crank trigger wheel ?

Yep, 32 teeth i think and distributor less with coil pack. When you wire the omex injectors from their loom they have one set of colors for 1 & 4 and another for 2 & 3 if that helps?

I know the coil fires 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 together so you cant be 180 degrees out like you could with the distributor 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yes that explains it well. Ate, thanks. So your Not running sequential.

the only reason I ask, is my MS2 extra setup I plan to use will do exactly the same as your ones setup, and I wanted to know if there was any issues not running throttle bodies with short trumpets in none sequential mode.

Evedently not us the answer,  thanks for answering 😁

2 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

Yes that explains it well. Ate, thanks. So your Not running sequential.

the only reason I ask, is my MS2 extra setup I plan to use will do exactly the same as your ones setup, and I wanted to know if there was any issues not running throttle bodies with short trumpets in none sequential mode.

Evedently not us the answer,  thanks for answering 😁

Im glad in a roundabout way it helped 🙂

It had it fully running up at Northampton Motorsport but using their test loom and ECU and then i had to bring it back and fit the loom and ECU i bought from them, so its slowed the whole thing up a bit, but i think im in a better place as they can connect to it remotely and tweak if needed which is great as its not really my thing and knowing its all setup as it should be is great.

• Thanks 1