Manta B card radiator tray.

Mike.

IMG_20200509_134749.thumb.jpg.67d0dfa79beb42bb067549c22554c8a7.jpgIsn't it about time someone started making these again like the one's in the shop (sold out) I would buy one and  the lower surround and I'm sure they would sell well

Edited by hoobby

1 hour ago, GTEPETE said:

Would be better in black textured aluminium.....

That is a good idea, I do remember that you can buy aluminium with a type of Matt already applied to it on one side.

Would definitely last longer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • GTEPETE changed the title to Manta B card radmens barbou coat xliator tray.
  • GTEPETE featured this topic
7 hours ago, GTEPETE said:

Can someone recall the name of  the Opel guy  who used to sell alloy panels ie left and right interior rockers/kick panels ?

Are you thinking of Clive who used to make them in stainless with logos, also radiator trays?

Happy ending to this one,

Saturday morning I went out to the wooden shed to feed my cat, (a stray cat came to stay 17 years ago and has never left 🙃) and there was a cardboard box in there addressed to me???? I hadn’t ordered anything on line, I wasn’t expecting any parcels???

i opened it, there wrapped up in bubble wrap was an original card radiator tray, with a compliment slip in it from a lad in Montrose, kept me smiling all weekend, of course I fitted it without delay, last piece in my jigsaw......brilliant 👍

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I have the top tray in very good condition. If there is someone in the club who can make them in aluminium, ideally laser cut, I am willing  to lend it to them...let me know..I  imagine other Club members would be interested....

• Like 3

• 6 months later...

i can get laser cuting done my mate  has those facilities plus milling turning ect  i have one of these trays but mine appears to be made of fibreglass so i have no way of knowing how acurate it is if there was a demand i coud knock them out for the club

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, stumpy said:

i can get laser cuting done my mate  has those facilities plus milling turning ect  i have one of these trays but mine appears to be made of fibreglass so i have no way of knowing how acurate it is if there was a demand i coud knock them out for the club

You recon he would cut the blitz logo into them too?

right ok leave it with me i will take what i have here as a template just to get a price it can obviously be altered before going ahead should it need be
the more that want 1 will fetch the price down as he can set up for a batch 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, stumpy said:

right ok leave it with me i will take what i have here as a template just to get a price it can obviously be altered before going ahead should it need be
the more that want 1 will fetch the price down as he can set up for a batch 

Quote me for 1

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Over 20 years ago now, I was asked if I could make/reproduce the original radiator tray  (the cardboard thing) in aluminium and in stainless steel.

The answer was "Yes" but you would never be able to fit it, as soon as you put a folded edge into metal it becomes very rigid and will have no flex.

The original cardboard items sit tight left and right at the front of the rad, and had folded edges running the length of the rad If I remember correct.

the lips of the Manta rad mount area would stop you getting a rigid metal one put in place, this is why I didn't make these but  made my alternate version.

20210617_232442.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, Vince said:

Manta Dany won't ship to the UK unfortunately. 

Thats not good news if thats the case...😭.....right,.. plan of action we will send the omoc van over and fill it with all his goodies and fill the club shop with them. 😎👍

Edited by evo3000
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, evo3000 said:

Thats not good news if thats the case...😭.....right,.. plan of action we will send the omoc van over and fill it with all his goodies and fill the club shop with them. 😎👍

Haha.....actually, you are not all that far away from my cunning plan! I have a few bits that I want from Danny myself, and I was thinking about doing a bit of a bulk order for anyone in the UK and also for stocking the shelves up a bit in the club shop. I have a family and friends in the Fatherland, and in The Netherlands too so getting an order sorted out shouldn't be all that difficult. I may take a while to arrive but as these are non essential bits of bling, (and it is the start of winter), I cant see that being an issue.

What do you reckon?

• Like 6

Clive Armstrong made the stainless steel bits for the Mantas. Decent quality as well. Not sure if he’s on here but he is (was) on the face book page. 
Last I heard he’d sold his Manta 

He supplied with all brackets but I chose to fit mine with silicone as I wasn’t keen on drilling holes. 

Club had some trays on the stand at the NEC  which seemed decent enough  

AB23DEB9-8A5B-45CF-941E-C80274258AA9.jpeg

• Like 1