Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

berlinetta coupe rebuild/modify

just thought i would check in progress has stoppedfor the moment as ive torn both my meniscus in my kneesmean i cant kneel squat or crouch well i can but its extremely paunful  and legs lock when trying to stand so mri and operations  but still planning obn fixing the old girl

Hey Charlie, I am waiting for the same operation. After 36 years of running- jumping- doing things in the army my right knee needs also meniscus operation. And I'm only 56 years young... Monday they are going to check me for corona and thursday under the knife. So I know what you feel and hope the best for you. 

The old girl will wait for you, grts Herman

• Like 1

thank you mate surprising how common it is in sports men and women or active people  my old dad said it would catch up with me mines from squatting stupidly heavy weights  best of luck and a speedy recovery Herman 

• Like 1

Hey Charlie, am back from the hospital. Thought I would be more mobil but know why the said to fix crutches. Try to buy your medication (painkillers & bandage) before the operation, will make everything easier😕

• Like 2

Hope everything went ok  with your operation Herman 

• Like 1

Thanks Buz, doctor said it is a rather big rip so it was necesarry. Asked if I could run again after healing but he said only on soft ground... So the pain is better than yesterday but didn't sleep a lot. And on the couch! Worst is I can't do anything on my cars, that special piece to fit the sunshade in the roof of my truck arrived so I'v got work to do.

When my wife arrives back from work I'm gonna lay down on the couch and moan so she will serve me whole evening😁🍺

• Like 3

sorry Herman i missed your replies.
  glad to know youve had it and out the other side my freind 
did they put you out for it or were you awake through the procedurewith a local anaesthetic ?  well at least the ops done now and the healing can start   i had my mri tonight first had to have an x ray  to make sure i didnt have any metal left in my eye from grinder dust a couple of years ago 

Posted (edited)

so  ive spent today turning my make shift  lean to/car port into a garage by  closing in the sides and rear with feather edge boards
  sealing a few old screw holes in the box profile roofing sheets that i had given me
and picked up a load of 5 ft strip lights with bulbs and plugs all tested for 3 quid each cant go wrong
  so another day working on it tomorrow and it will be completely water tight and sheltered from all sides    new /old stock  mig bought   came with two large bottles of argon/co2 that were full    will then  be ready to  start work   ......had started piling boxes of bike parts on it so  needed to get a move on or it would sit there doing nothing  going to be a busy winter and wanted everything sorted so should we go into a further lockdown i had everything i needed to get on with it  oh and i picked up 4 2mtre x1 mtre sheets of 1mm  1,2 mm and 1,5mm zintec steel   from the same place i got the strip lights for £5 each

Edited by stumpy
  • Like 1

managed to pick up a complete bulkhead/A posts/full windscreen surround panel and a hell of a lot of the inner wing with scuttle in mint condition for a ver good price this has been a long time coming going through a middle man acting on behalf of the chap selling  and to be fair hes been a great help

also managed to get my hands on a full nose cone been in storage indoors for many years can only be described as mint condition again with a section of the inner wing  where it was removed from a car those sections on my shell happen to need attention so ideal
and a set of genuine gm door skins new old stock  wont hurt to stick in the spares pile  

i will be ordering some floors  swan necks and outer sills from germany  [unless there are some in the uk ready for dispatch] and we can get stuck into it 

Edited by stumpy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, stumpy said:

managed to pick up a complete bulkhead/A posts/full windscreen surround panel and a hell of a lot of the inner wing with scuttle in mint condition for a ver good price this has been a long time coming going through a middle man acting on behalf of the chap selling  and to be fair hes been a great help

also managed to get my hands on a full nose cone been in storage indoors for many years can only be described as mint condition again with a section of the inner wing  where it was removed from a car those sections on my shell happen to need attention so ideal
and a set of genuine gm door skins new old stock  wont hurt to stick in the spares pile  

i will be ordering some floors  swan necks and outer sills from germany  [unless there are some in the uk ready for dispatch] and we can get stuck into it 

It is amazing how much hordes stuff is still out there. Luck on talking to the right person, and a whole new world emerges 😎

Nice finds, all the right bits to make a great restoration 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

It is amazing how much hordes stuff is still out there. Luck on talking to the right person, and a whole new world emerges 😎

Nice finds, all the right bits to make a great restoration 👍

definitely  mate theres many ways to tackle a job would have been far cheaper to use box section along the inner sills with another at 90 degrees to it run up the inside of the A post   wich was going to be my last resort would immensley strong  the hinges could be welded to these box sections ............BUT...its not right is it   ifit were a choice between saving a manta this way then fair play but tbh my shell is really quite good in alot of places i would say the pillar is most definitely the worst aspect floors sills ect dont faze me at all ive been chasing this bulkhead for 4 mths now  but its up in airdrie scotland .the guy who has it has loooooooooaaaaads  of manta/ cav /ascona bits apparently so yes  and ime thining the beauty of manta ownership and parts panel collecting is that someone will always buy what you have left over as we all need parts

9 hours ago, H-400 said:

I mentioned a few times that guy in the north of Holland, Egbert de Boer. He 's got loads of stuff but it is 300km's from my home. 

Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click to become an OMOC Member.

Got to make a shopping list to visit him...😦

wow Herman  that would be worth a road trip  if other parts were available as well  they look mint to be fair

• Like 1