berlinetta coupe rebuild/modify

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

pheeew thats done been lying on my back all day shite dropping in my eyes but its all now off just the rear bumper bootlid tank and rear lights and its a bare shell

folded up some new cr4 steel inner sills/floor  did them a bit heavier gauge than standard this is maximum length of my folder at 6 ft  Project images are available to Club Members Only, Click t

busy couple of days ahead stripping the mechanicals and suspension out  had a price to get it blasted inside outside and underneath and the guy will come tome wich saves me so much hassle so thats the

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stumpy said:

ime undecided as yet Jess i was going to go with 100mm  but the whole floor is raised slightly being its completely flat so undecided yet between as you say 75/100 mm

Was considering something similar on the black coupe floor when I get started, plenty of room as the seat frame is pretty deep.

• Like 1

day off today sick to death of the dreaded tin worm its everywhere  i seem to look theres no way if i was doing this back to standard i would have completed it 
so ime glad its being modified as it will live another life and pretty much a blank slate theres no right or wrong most of the under seat area at the rear is roached the arches the closing panel of the inner sill come off in my hand   its rotten

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, stumpy said:

day off today sick to death of the dreaded tin worm its everywhere  i seem to look theres no way if i was doing this back to standard i would have completed it 
so ime glad its being modified as it will live another life and pretty much a blank slate theres no right or wrong most of the under seat area at the rear is roached the arches the closing panel of the inner sill come off in my hand   its rotten

Important to take a break now and then. Just not a permanent one 😁

yes mate has to be done for sanity just means more panels to make you know its bad when even things that look solid crumble 

Edited by stumpy
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

i havent had much chance to do anything the last week or so due to my day job and the fine weather meaning i could crack on and earn a crust

Edited by stumpy

so ive been reworking the chassis rails  in the end i went for new ones made from a larger diameter  box 75x50x3  the angles at 45 degrees as i originally did them wouldnt work in the build  on this occasion   to sharp of an angle 30 degrees is pretty much cock on

• Like 1