Sign in to follow this  
RECARDO

400 spoiler

Hi lads dose anyone know the answer to this question, I have just received a new rear spoiler for my manta b 400 replica ( all blue spoiler pic ) but I already had what I thought was a exclusive spoiler ( black lipped spoiler pic ) the exclusive spoiler has manta b / manta 400 stamped on it which spoiler is the genuine 400 rear spoiler from the pics attached please lads ?

20200604_221723.jpg

20200604_221718.jpg

20200604_221714.jpg

20200604_221727.jpg

The manta 400 rear spoiler has manta 400 stamped on it and the black rubber tip is thinner than exclusive,  

Yes the 400 spoiler is thinner on the sides that bolt to rear quarter I have both at the unit I can get pics if it helps 

There's also different shapes when you look from the top on some of them apparently too on the 400s.

Yes the lips are different I have all types the exclusive ones are quite a bit thicker il get a pic tomorrow of 2 very slightly different 400 ones and an exclusive one for all to see differences 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Manta hatch said:

Yes the lips are different I have all types the exclusive ones are quite a bit thicker il get a pic tomorrow of 2 very slightly different 400 ones and an exclusive one for all to see differences 

i don't mean the thinner tops, its the actual shape where it comes up from the boot lid to the up stand. Hard to explain haha

Hi lads thanks for the info pics would be great as the 2 spoilers I have are different but bother genuine irmsher and have different profile in the top I'm puzzled¬†ūüė©

Posted (edited)

As above i240/400 spoiler has a thinner lip, feels softer and the fixing bolts are in a slightly different location. I have a new old stock one I could take pictures of later if needed 

Edited by ANDY ABBOTT

Any pics and correct info on which spoiler I should use would be great thanks

3 hours ago, RECARDO said:

Any pics and correct info on which spoiler I should use would be great thanks

The 400 should have the narrow lip

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opel-Manta-i200-i240-i300-Or-i400-Rear-3-Piece-Spoiler-/124197754813?nma=true&si=xUaZ39vpDkDV234vNfknsPTbyRk%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Missed out on a 400 Spoiler a couple of years ago which sold for around £80. The seller was not aware it was a special 400 version. I only noticed after it sold!!!

s-l1600.jpg

• Thanks 1

That's the very spoiler I have just purchased on ebay last week pete payed £240 for it 

Ah, that’s a better picture to see the lip differences, I understand now - thanks.