Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kurtupsin75

Mk 1 cavalier gls coupe

Recommended Posts

Hello members ived just purchased an cavalier coupe in need off full resto having fond  memories in my dad's old one back  in 88 all most identical except colour I really appreciate help on location on body panel repair like indicator support and front head lamp support panels. Thanks keith 

DSC_3134.JPG

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Keith, a very warm welcome to the club. Its really nice to see another Cav Coupe in the club.

How handy are you with the tools and MIG welder?

Good luck and enjoy the project.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome, lots of support from the folks on here.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome to the best place to get any information from people that have been there done that,
Take your time and enjoy. Ian is the best man with the information 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the Freindly well come. Lots of welding and fabrication. 

DSC_3326.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey Keith, you dont hang around do you?!

Great stuff, keep up the good work.  :thumbup

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this rate, Keith will be finished well before me! 

Its lovely to see such enthusiasm  :thumbup

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Keith,  great work!   your cav looks very nice colour

What you gonna use on floor pan repair ?as goes high on bulkhead n/s are you making it all the way back or using available panel for most?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Keith

MrCarlos, some times has spares that are sometimes hard to get hold of. You might need someone who has a front end that is willing to cut those parts for indicator and headlight area out. I have seen people on here that have manufactured those parts before, but to search for them is very time consuming and brain hurting as everyone calls these repairs by different names.

Usual suspects for spare panels are :

http://www.dr-manta.de/eng.htm 

https://www.klokkerholm.com/GB.aspx

https://www.tjmotorsport.co.uk/

https://www.mm-opelparts.com/

They are a few I have listed on my internet favourites. I have had great dealings with the latter two listing and others on here have dealt with the top two. I am sure people will/can add to this list. A lot of the dealings for me are mostly European now along the Dutch, Belgium and German areas, if I am after specific components, for anything Vauxhall/Opel.

My first car was a Cavalier Coupe bought in 1988, I wish I wasn't a snob and sold it back in 1991, as I wanted a Manta. It was a solid car and I had an empty head. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, markyspark said:

Hi Keith,  great work!   your cav looks very nice colour

What you gonna use on floor pan repair ?as goes high on bulkhead n/s are you making it all the way back or using available panel for most?

Going to use most of the panel then fabricate the rest. 

received_713937826006229.jpeg

14 hours ago, robah said:

Hi Keith

MrCarlos, some times has spares that are sometimes hard to get hold of. You might need someone who has a front end that is willing to cut those parts for indicator and headlight area out. I have seen people on here that have manufactured those parts before, but to search for them is very time consuming and brain hurting as everyone calls these repairs by different names.

Usual suspects for spare panels are :

http://www.dr-manta.de/eng.htm 

https://www.klokkerholm.com/GB.aspx

https://www.tjmotorsport.co.uk/

https://www.mm-opelparts.com/

They are a few I have listed on my internet favourites. I have had great dealings with the latter two listing and others on here have dealt with the top two. I am sure people will/can add to this list. A lot of the dealings for me are mostly European now along the Dutch, Belgium and German areas, if I am after specific components, for anything Vauxhall/Opel.

My first car was a Cavalier Coupe bought in 1988, I wish I wasn't a snob and sold it back in 1991, as I wanted a Manta. It was a solid car and I had an empty head. :(

Thanks for the information for head lamp indicator panels yes big head ache to find got this 2 owner cavalier by chance wasn't looking for one just went on Facebook to find my dad's old cavalier coupe on a site unfortunately it was scrapped in 1992 by hour later had a message asking if I was interested in one this one popped up tod it's quite rare car with the auto box from factory 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for good boot lid had my original destroyed by shot blasting the wrong side I asked to have done 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very tidy job that, great work that man!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great job, looking like its gonna be nice and solid, did you make the battery tray? Where is the joint? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the battery tray from Germany realising it's for Lhd car so had to reverse the panel beat it up to the  upper side. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Bought the battery tray from Germany realising it's for Lhd car so had to reverse the panel beat it up to the  upper side. 

Good save! Keep em pics flowing, great work and save. Have you any plans for car, original or slightly modded.

Always liked this cav, rusty but solid where it needed to be. 

null_zps7b91202d.jpg&key=52c9c0af1a76d3fbc7df6985062920a7ab8c854b4b0355cbe82b4d556a14c116

Another nice one! 

81927138_1063045500713772_4384245484348402209_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=wHhLYY8YbEYAX8SlxvH&oh=0c419e6018a2ee16ef7ba77f1c9286e3&oe=5F243BCD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty much standard lowering suspension and ats  alloys or deep dish steelies don't want it looking to much like a manta 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Pretty much standard lowering suspension and ats  alloys or deep dish steelies don't want it looking to much like a manta 

 

Sssshhhhhhh! - you cant say that around here!   :lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, IanMc said:

 

Sssshhhhhhh! - you cant say that around here!   :lol:

Well as much as we welcome our less so fortunate Cav owners (hehe), it is OMOC after all 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a twin to mine - 1977 Cavalier GLS Coupe, Red, Auto box!

I always thought it was OMOC -Opel Manta Owners and Cavaliers!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Kurtupsin75 said:

Pretty much standard lowering suspension and ats  alloys or deep dish steelies don't want it looking to much like a manta 

A coupe cav is the closest you can get to a manta look, 

Nice choice on mods, less is more etc, it has a cleaner look to a manta if done right. 

s-l1600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...