2.0e poor performance

hoobby

• 3 weeks later...

Ignition module replaced and it has made a difference   acceleration now constant,smooth and quicker  still seems flat if dropped into 4th at 60 and floored it gets there but can get the same effect just squeezing the throttle on (or am I expecting too much) it's just I remember doing this with my 20s 4 speed (4th to 3rd) and it was a lot lot quicker. will check plugs when I get up and check for  leaks as the car hasn't been put through its paces for about 14 years 

I must admit tho I did really enjoy myself tonight :D

The getrag 240's fifth gear is it like overdrive as it's totally hopeless for acceleration.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, hoobby said:

Ignition module replaced and it has made a difference   acceleration now constant,smooth and quicker  still seems flat if dropped into 4th at 60 and floored it gets there but can get the same effect just squeezing the throttle on (or am I expecting too much) it's just I remember doing this with my 20s 4 speed (4th to 3rd) and it was a lot lot quicker. will check plugs when I get up and check for  leaks as the car hasn't been put through its paces for about 14 years 

I must admit tho I did really enjoy myself tonight :D

The getrag 240's fifth gear is it like overdrive as it's totally hopeless for acceleration.

Just remember, you can tweak the timing advance a little as it's fairly conservative based on the old fuel. Will allow it to pick up a bit , whilst keeping Well away from  'pinking ' so long as your not buying super turd unleaded lol

• Like 1

Well there has been some very good progress maybe a bit of frustration but left it in fifth at just under 70mph and floored it  and held the throttle down a couple of times up to 70....ish ;) I could feel it surging and dropping off but it got better every time I did it and now I have my open road performance back I guess the injectors were a bit gummed up either that or the exhaust was restricted and blew it out now it goes like a manta.

Hopefully that's it and I thank everyone who has helped me with this problem if anything it's had a thorough check over and tune up.

Edited by hoobby
  • Like 5