Rear bulb holder please

IanMc

Hi all,

Does anyone has a spare rear tail light bulb holder I could buy please?

Apologies, I am not sure if there are different types depending on year or manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.  :thumbup

Edited by IanMc

11 minutes ago, IanMc said:

Hi all,

Does anyone has a spare rear tail light bulb holder I could buy please?

Apologies, I am not sure if there are different types depending on year or manufacturer?

Thanks in advance.  :thumbup

Hi Ian don't tell me you broke it :D

If it's the end of one of the metal tangs burnt off I fixed one of mine by using a crimp

IMG_20200630_151455.thumb.jpg.de91f71867607550d7f7427b3bc56d12.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Graeme,

Nice fix! - I would never have thought of that.

No I haven't broken one, I want to follow Herman's 'How To' integrate a fog light into the rear light cluster and therefore need a bulb holder. I have about a dozen spare for the front and zilch for the back - typical...

Edited by IanMc

Hi Ian,

I can send you bulb holders,  do you want a 3 prong tail / brake or a 2 prong indicator / reverse, of which I can send the more modern type or an earlier (see first photo)? You can have all 3 if you like?

I'm just been doing this on my 87 exclusive, I have the original fog lamp but when I trial fitted it I really didn't like the look (no disrespect, on a super clean concourse example it looks great, that ain't mine though).

I trialled a single white LED and a single red LED, neither bright enough, settling for a much brighter multi-LED (again see photo).

Just for info, here is what mine looks like from the back (photo) and on (last photo). Not sure it's quite bright enough for a fog but I'm happy with it, I've done both sides. I don't think I've ever switched on fogs in my Volvo and I'm in Scotland, we enjoy the odd misty day.

The LED trial and error was cheap enough, here are links to the single (not bright enough) and the multi which will do me 🙂

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-8mm-LED-DASH-PANEL-LIGHT-12V-CAR-VAN-LORRY-BIKE-BOAT-WARNING-BULB-uk-based/202934363655?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=503107049925&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H3-25-SMD-LED-Side-Fog-Driving-Daytime-Running-Light-Bulbs-Lamps-Xenon-White/352981482536?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Hope this helps, pm me an address if the bulb holders are of use to you 🙂

Scott

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3389.jpg

IMG_3388.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your detailed reply, much appreciated.

To be honest, I haven’t got a clue which one I need lol

I will check tomorrow and get back you. Thanks again!

Morning Scott,

It looks like you just beat me to the draw this morning lol

This is a photo of what I need please:

8om94rz.jpg

If you DM me your Paypal details, I will sort out the payment for you.

Thanks again!