lack of fuel pressure on Frontera 2.4 rail

execman

I'm getting poor pressure on my Frontera fuel rail, with little or no fuel getting to the injectors. I've replaced the pump with a Senator B 3.0 one, and I can hear it running on startup, but the engine starts but not run after a few seconds. I suspect the regulator but not sure; question:

is the fuel line input just under the regulator on the Frontera rail, or is it the one on the rear of the rail wtith the 17mm bolt? the Haynes manual I have is for the GTE but i'm running the Frontera rail on a 2.2 Carlton head with big valves, sitting on a 2.7 bottom end.

its doing my brain in, so need advice, PLEASE..

3 hours ago, execman said:

I'm getting poor pressure on my Frontera fuel rail, with little or no fuel getting to the injectors. I've replaced the pump with a Senator B 3.0 one, and I can hear it running on startup, but the engine starts but not run after a few seconds. I suspect the regulator but not sure; question:

is the fuel line input just under the regulator on the Frontera rail, or is it the one on the rear of the rail wtith the 17mm bolt? the Haynes manual I have is for the GTE but i'm running the Frontera rail on a 2.2 Carlton head with big valves, sitting on a 2.7 bottom end.

its doing my brain in, so need advice, PLEASE..

Just to keep it simple, the pump supplies the rail direct and the pressure reg should be on the outlet returning to the tank. 

What pressure are you getting at the rail?

so the fuel in is the 17mm nut end end of the rail with the return under the regulator,  on the Frontera, Snowy?

i'll purchase a guage asap thanks.

and yes Buz, please provide photos of the rail with fuel lines attached.

cheers

and thanks Mick, i tried swapping round the flow and return pipes under the bonnet, but it made no difference.

2 hours ago, execman said:

so the fuel in is the 17mm nut end end of the rail with the return under the regulator,  on the Frontera, Snowy?

i'll purchase a guage asap thanks.

and yes Buz, please provide photos of the rail with fuel lines attached.

cheers

and thanks Mick, i tried swapping round the flow and return pipes under the bonnet, but it made no difference.

Does this help? Ignore it says Bosch D.

Bosch_D-Jet_Fuel_Handling_Components.jpg