IAN VIRCO

Sad news about Ian. 

Will never forget one of our Holland trips in recent years. He negotiated the Antwerp ring road with a map on his own in his gold 1.8 hatch. We had great fun that weekend with the Dutch, the funniest part was a Dutch bloke nailing his Russian girlfriend on the bonnet of his A series and Ian was invited over to take pictures. Ian couldn’t believe it and wouldn’t shut up about it. Charlie shouted “do keep it down mr Virco!” To which I shouted “that’s what he’s trying to do!” Stretched the old chuckle muscles to the point of breaking that night. 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Sutty2006 said:

Sad news about Ian. 

Will never forget one of our Holland trips in recent years. He negotiated the Antwerp ring road with a map on his own in his gold 1.8 hatch. We had great fun that weekend with the Dutch, the funniest part was a Dutch bloke nailing his Russian girlfriend on the bonnet of his A series and Ian was invited over to take pictures. Ian couldn’t believe it and wouldn’t shut up about it. Charlie shouted “do keep it down mr Virco!” To which I shouted “that’s what he’s trying to do!” Stretched the old chuckle muscles to the point of breaking that night. 

I wondered how long it would be before this got brought up, it was funny.

This just goes to show what happens when you Google a name... 

I worked with Ian as a fellow train driver at Bletchley for 15 years (my time at Bletchley). Reading these posts after googling him just shows how much love you guys had for him. It was a shock to me as it is for you. Thank you for remembering him in the way that you do. I’m going to print these comments and create a memorial for him at my depot if you don’t mind. He was certainly a character and I’ll always remember my time with him retraining him after a long period of absence due to health. We shared many things in common with regards to cars, women and Cornwall! 

Thanks guys :) 

• Like 11

• 1 year later...

Iv just stumbled across this thread purely by chance.

I knew Ian very well, he lived 5 miles from me, and we saw each other most days. We did plenty of all things Manta back in the day, always helping with my cars and the several we co owned not to mention the container full of spares! 
I hadn’t seen him for a few years, we kinda lost touch after I left the club.

sad to hear of his passing.

• Like 3