whats it worth 1.8 bits for red top conversion

stumpy

i dont know the value  i saw someone selling similaire recently  [anyone give me a guide price please]    1.8 berlinetta getrag gearbox fully working  engine mounts  big wing sump    oil pick up   dissy   and any other bits you may need    i have the complete low mileage engine/box unit here still in the car i have personaly had it running ect and is A1  with no known faults     ime going v8 as below   based on the recent sale price of the same parts £950

Edited by stumpy

2 hours ago, stumpy said:

i dont know the value  i saw someone selling similaire recently  [anyone give me a guide price please]    1.8 berlinetta getrag gearbox fully working  engine mounts  big wing sump    oil pick up   dissy   and any other bits you may need    i have the complete low mileage engine/box unit here still in the car i have personaly had it running ect and is A1  with no known faults   make a fair offer   ime going v8

I just sold a set for £950 and had plenty of people asking for the parts. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Snowy said:

I just sold a set for £950 and had plenty of people asking for the parts. 

👍 I did see the gearbox go fo for >350, but seems that the scarcity of parts driving costs. TBH, thinking more about it, £950 is probably more reasonable .

13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

👍 I did see the gearbox go fo for >350, but seems that the scarcity of parts driving costs. TBH, thinking more about it, £950 is probably more reasonable .

It went as a complete set in the end. Good gearboxes are going for £400 to £500 now.

12 hours ago, stumpy said:

thanks guys just want a fair market value didnt want to overprice so i will pitch at that

I had numerous people willing to pay the price I wanted for the individual parts. I held out for the one buyer who wanted all of it to make it easier for me.

So you need to decide if you're willing to split.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As the saying goes the price is always what someone is willing to pay. This is why I decided to try and get all the bits I need first before starting the project that way I can always wait for a cheaper one to come along rather than pay more money because I need it there and then. Not that I’m tight though 🤣

Trouble is I swear I can hear those tin worms when I lay in bed at night. Not that there is alot left to feast on 😱

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 13/07/2020 at 14:11, Buz said:

Trouble is I swear I can hear those tin worms when I lay in bed at night. Not that there is alot left to feast on 😱

Best thing about dipped and sealed shell, it might be like a dish cloth, but it’s got no worms 😎

• Haha 1