Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
stumpy

whats it worth 1.8 bits for red top conversion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

i dont know the value  i saw someone selling similaire recently  [anyone give me a guide price please]    1.8 berlinetta getrag gearbox fully working  engine mounts  big wing sump    oil pick up   dissy   and any other bits you may need    i have the complete low mileage engine/box unit here still in the car i have personaly had it running ect and is A1  with no known faults     ime going v8 as below   based on the recent sale price of the same parts £950

Edited by stumpy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably around the £500+ mark now as gearboxes are fetching good money on ebay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stumpy said:

i dont know the value  i saw someone selling similaire recently  [anyone give me a guide price please]    1.8 berlinetta getrag gearbox fully working  engine mounts  big wing sump    oil pick up   dissy   and any other bits you may need    i have the complete low mileage engine/box unit here still in the car i have personaly had it running ect and is A1  with no known faults   make a fair offer   ime going v8

I just sold a set for £950 and had plenty of people asking for the parts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Snowy said:

I just sold a set for £950 and had plenty of people asking for the parts. 

👍 I did see the gearbox go fo for >350, but seems that the scarcity of parts driving costs. TBH, thinking more about it, £950 is probably more reasonable .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks guys just want a fair market value didnt want to overprice so i will pitch at that

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jessopia74 said:

👍 I did see the gearbox go fo for >350, but seems that the scarcity of parts driving costs. TBH, thinking more about it, £950 is probably more reasonable .

It went as a complete set in the end. Good gearboxes are going for £400 to £500 now.

12 hours ago, stumpy said:

thanks guys just want a fair market value didnt want to overprice so i will pitch at that

 

I had numerous people willing to pay the price I wanted for the individual parts. I held out for the one buyer who wanted all of it to make it easier for me.

So you need to decide if you're willing to split.

Edited by Snowy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the saying goes the price is always what someone is willing to pay. This is why I decided to try and get all the bits I need first before starting the project that way I can always wait for a cheaper one to come along rather than pay more money because I need it there and then. Not that I’m tight though 🤣

Trouble is I swear I can hear those tin worms when I lay in bed at night. Not that there is alot left to feast on 😱

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...