front springs

penyghent

Ok, do this at your own risk, but I have done it on my XJR springs as those are also a nightmare to do.

compress off the car and use welding rods to tie it in a compressed state, then quickly fit to car.  I used a lot of rods to hold, probably more than necessary, but trying to be safe.

once all bolted up, Jack the stub axle so it takes up the spring slack, then cut the ties.

Don't forget the old trick of chains: use spring compressorsto gradually pull them in but put chains through at least one coil from each end, held together with nuts and bolts, as a safety.  As you gradually compress the spring, take up,the slack on the chains.. Then, when sufficiently compressed, you can take the compressors off - they usually foul on the control arms.

Same principle compress with normal compressor then fit cut down set take the slack then remove long set 

IMG_20200731_182420.thumb.jpg.fb85d1b27ffec535f84a510501d047dd.jpg

Whatever way you do it just be safe and sure there's a massive amount of stored energy once compressed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hoobby said:

Same principle compress with normal compressor then fit cut down set take the slack then remove long set 

IMG_20200731_182420.thumb.jpg.fb85d1b27ffec535f84a510501d047dd.jpg

Whatever way you do it just be safe and sure there's a massive amount of stored energy once compressed.

Exactly how I do it too :thumbup