1974 opel manta a

sawguy

Hi everyone, looking for a little help.  Can any tell me the following on a non modify car.

Ground clearance, where is this measured at (ground to?)?

Distance of the wheel archs to ground (both front and reat) and let me know which tires sizes you have on the car.

Thank you in advance

Hello Sawguy,

usually they give the total height of a vehicle, a Manta-A with 1.2-1.6N/S-1.9 engine is 1355mm. Tyres 165 S 13 or 185/70/13

The Manta-A GT/E is 1302mm Tyres 185/70/13

The Manta TE2800 is 1340mm Tyres 195/70/13

Hope I could help you with this info

• Like 1

Maybe cause the heavy lump needs more suspension stroke ? Did you know the TE2800 was one of the candidates (together with the Porsche911) to compete to be the new high speed interceptor car for the federal Belgian police? 

• Thanks 1

This helps I guess I will have just do some math to get the distance of the wheel archs to ground.  I did find a spec for ground clearance (160mm) but it does not say where to measure points are.   Again thanks.

5 hours ago, H-400 said:

Maybe cause the heavy lump needs more suspension stroke ? Did you know the TE2800 was one of the candidates (together with the Porsche911) to compete to be the new high speed interceptor car for the federal Belgian police? 

I did not even know about it until you mentioned it 🤯

• 2 months later...

There is no difference between web and full membership for the forum, it cover club events and such etc.

I think it would be the best £15 you ever invested in your Manta as there are sections of the forum that are hidden to you currently.

WEB MEMBERSHIP - £15.00 PER YEAR

Full Forum Access.
Access to classified adverts as they are posted.
Forum signature. (1 line of plain text)
Please note: A web account only gives access to the forum, It does not give membership to the club or allow the use of members benefits.
A web account does not cover the holder to show there car at any club organised events, Club liability insurance is not available for this type of account. 
The web account does not entitle the user to vote at the AGM or attend the AGM

• Like 1