cav,manta parts

cam.in.head

hi all .due to an upcoming loss of storage i will have some stuff to put on ebay but obviuosly to omoc first.i need to thin down my collection of spares without leaving me with none !.still run 2 mk1's 

st to be compiled later but off the top of my head i have a 1.6 complete short engine65000 miles,

a couple of good 2 litre short engines.gte and carb.

2 litre rear axle casing (and good removed internals less 1.halfshaft

a  blue tint top hatch windscreen in useable cond but with some whitening around edges(delamination)

used but repairable wings 2 only

many many internal engine parts,bolts etc,flywheels,thermostat housings,fans,,

trim,badges,etc.

i do and will keep looking for peoples parts wanted requests and reply if i can help.

also some limited viva ha,hc and carlton bits too.

collection of big bits from west yorks or post of smaller stuff.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you have any spares of these but I do need lots of little bits like the bolts for the bumpers, cill cover screws, bolts/fitting for the coil, battery holder, kick panels,  bolts that fix the seats in. Realise I can probably find ones that will fit with trial and error but would be easier to have the right ones. If anyone knows the sizes that would help too.

On 03/10/2020 at 13:22, TheRealExile said:

Not sure if you have any spares of these but I do need lots of little bits like the bolts for the bumpers, cill cover screws, bolts/fitting for the coil, battery holder, kick panels,  bolts that fix the seats in. Realise I can probably find ones that will fit with trial and error but would be easier to have the right ones. If anyone knows the sizes that would help too.

as mentioned the bolts for the bumpers are just normal m8 with a large washer so would have binned any old ones anyway.same for seats but are the threaded self cleaning type. normal m8 will be fine though .anything 20- 40 mm long.

coil as far as i remember are just large self tappers (approx6mm size)but m6 with nut and washer will work better especially if thread is slack.

kick panels are just readily available push-in 8mm fasteners.( the originals dont survive well anyway! )

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

hi. i do still have a couple of short gte engines yes if you need one.they are just short units though.no head.although the head on ebay which is a gte p2e one is worth getting.definately a better option than having a head converted in my opinion.

they were bought a few years back for that very reason .to use the p2e head

located west yorks if / when required. just let me know and il get one out ready.

1 hour ago, Quarter-Life-Crisis said:

Thanks for letting me know, it’s just the head I’d be interested in really.

to convert my 1.9 to hydraulic lifters and gain unleaded capability.

one on eBay is no good to me as it’s missing too many parts.

Hi Chris, I can help with followers and a cam I think, that you are welcome to have as they are just sat doing nothing really. Just DM me if you want them posting out to you and will check/confirm what I have

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

i am looking for the 'finishers' for a coupe vinyl roof, that is the little black plastic strips on the A pillars, possibly also the C pillar ones. Also the 'opel' badge (chrome and black) for the boot lid- both from an SR Berlinetta (1980 on)

cheers Alan

hi. i did reply to this just after you posted it but for some reason its dissapesred !

saloons just have a turned under finishing section on the vinyl roof rather than any extra trim pieces but cannot comment on coupes .

possibly will have an opel badge. what is the dia please ?

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay. Been REALLY busy. Coupes have a thin black plastic trim strip. I will try and insert pics. Opel badge is boot one from manta coupe. Again see pics but about 6 inches in length. Can't insert pics can you pm me a WhatsApp number/email??

Cheers

Alan