Ascona/Cavalier saloon spoilers..

Rick-Manta

Has anyone tried fitting boot spoilers from other cars to their Ascona or Cavalier before? I bought a Manta coupe spoiler as I saw one fitted to that rat look, early model, 2-door Cav (that's in the project section) and it does—in the most part—look and fit okay, but the ends aren't quite the right shape (obviously) and I've started to like the look of the "ducktail" type, like the Ascona 400 has. Of that type, the E30 and E36 BMW aftermarket spoilers look a close size, but wondered if anyone has tried others before I start spending money on trial-and-error? Thanks.

BTW I'm after a Manta B front spoiler/splitter if anyone has one available please?

I'm not too fussed on the size, but ideally looking for something close to the contours of the bootlid in black rubber (to be period correct) for an easy fit. I don't mind if it's bolt on or bond. An Ascona one would be ideal yes, but I can't find one for sale and imagine it'll be a few hundreds if I did.

I might keep a tape measure with me, so if I spot an old E21 or E30 3-series (popular with these spoilers) I can see how close the dimensions are to the Ascona/Cavalier. The E36 is no good as the boot lid is the wrong shape entirely.

I did see a Finish website advertising Ascona 400 fibreglass bodykits, they had a spoiler listed too, but I clicked "checkout" and I got a browser warning saying that the site (for payment) wasn't secure.