Hello all!

Pyzartyst

Just popping in to say hello.

My name is Stu and I live in Central Scotland 👋. In my early working life I was a time served mechanic so have always enjoyed working on my cars.

I recently bought a car from a member....thanks Big Stu.... and rejoined the world of Manta ownership. Probably like a few of the people on here I had one in my youth and loved it. A W plate 2.0 SR Berlinetta that I had for about 5 years before letting her go. 

I had just completed a build for my partner.... a Suzuki Cappuccino of all things and really enjoyed the experience of that so set about looking for a car to restore for myself. In the past I've owned a few older cars, most notably a very early P6 Rover so had an idea of what i was letting myself in for. I had seen quite a few other cars in various stages of decomposition. Mantas were up at the top of my wish list because of my old one and I wanted a good starter car.....but after seeing her in a few photos kept I coming back to 'Molly' as she is known.

Thanks to Big Stu for allowing me to continue the story with her.

Hopefully you will all be gentle with me asking dumb questions till I find my feet!

All the best for now!

Stu

• Like 7

Welcome to the  owners club 👍

Really  glad you purchased the car.

Nice to know that  it's gone to a really good home and  will be enjoyed for a long time to come. 

It seems strange  not seeing  her in the car port😢

Dont forget if theres anything I can help you with, dont hesitate to get in touch 👍

Look after yourselves and look forward to  popping up to  Scotland  to see you all.🤞

Keep  safe and  enjoy 😃

Cheers stuart and Jack. 

• Like 2

Great to see the car go to another enthusiast, and even better for you joining the OMOC.

You should always find an answer to all your questions, but not as fast as society thinks these days.

The club is like your slippers and pipe (if you smoke/vape), just relaxed and easy going.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ®evo03 said:

Welcome, when you say, a good starter car, are you planning a restoration or modifying it, anyway hope you enjoy! 

Thanks for the welcome. I had been looking for a starter car to restore but I bought Big Stu's car which he has already restored to a very high standard. My intention is to maybe make a few subtle changes to the car to put my stamp on her! Nothing major at all, only to compliment the work and effort thats already gone into the car!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, robah said:

Great to see the car go to another enthusiast, and even better for you joining the OMOC.

You should always find an answer to all your questions, but not as fast as society thinks these days.

The club is like your slippers and pipe (if you smoke/vape), just relaxed and easy going.

Thanks Robah, I am sure I will find any answers I need and be educated along the way!

Sounds like my kind of club too!

4 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Good answer.....😉👍👍👍

Just posted your pictures you wanted. Plus an item I  forgot to give you .

Take care and keep in touch. 🤪

Cheers Stu, thats me just home so I will wait on the postie!!!

• Like 2